Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotovac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 10:08am
What, no women in Montreal?Shocked
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 2:03pm
It's hard to tell their they all keep their faces covered???

Edited by doug - 30/October/2006 at 2:03pm
Just My opinion
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 2:26pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 3:02pm
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 4:26pm
Oldfart,

If you are going to clean commercial carpet only you would be wise to look at Cymex and OP Equipment. Less truckmounts show up at commercial jobs these days. Today you need to keep your pricing in line and it's getting harder to do with truckmounts.

If ineed you are an oldfart make sure you purchase a Roto type system as the wand can be deadly on the body.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 4:34pm
the wand can be deadly on the body.

Especially is you do not have a glide on it. Also, it wont fit into a sock either.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
oldfart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 5:54pm
Thanks, pilediver where is a good plkace to find out about he IICRC Carpet Cleaning course and the Upholstery course? I live in southern California,are they any in my area or home study type?
Thanks
Lou
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by oldfart oldfart wrote:

Thanks, pilediver where is a good plkace to find out about he IICRC Carpet Cleaning course and the Upholstery course? I live in southern California,are they any in my area or home study type?
Thanks
Lou

oldfart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 6:30pm
 Carpetologist, thanks for the information.
Lou Big smile
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

the wand can be deadly on the body.

Especially is you do not have a glide on it. Also, it wont fit into a sock either.

I would like to see a wand that fits into a sockConfused
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2006 at 9:46pm
Hey Lou! You just missed the IICRC class over at Cerritos.  Jim Smith was teaching it. It was a GREAT class!!

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
oldfart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2006 at 5:32am
Ninja-wand
I see one in FULLERTON next month I will see if I can get in to that one. how much are these IICRC classes? I see 3 different ones I would like to take. I would like to take the carpet cleaning class,Commerical CPT Maintenance  Odor Control Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning.what other are good ones that I would need?

Edited by oldfart - 31/October/2006 at 6:28am
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2006 at 7:04pm
Usually the classes are around $299 (more or less) per subject for 8 hours a day for 2 whole days. The cost for the test is $50 extra. But that day Cerritos had a special for $99 for the 2 days!!!! I just couldnt let up on the oppertunityBig smile

Anyways, If I were you I would take the CCT class first, then UPT cleaning and oder control. I dont really think you need the Comm. CPT maintenace unless you do alot of commercial work.
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
oldfart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2006 at 9:50pm
Ninja Wand thanks for your help I will do that.

LouWink

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2007 at 1:10am
You are right IMHO. 

Rotovac is a superior tool.  And I do pull it out of my bag of tricks when the customer is willing to pay for it (especially for those traffic areas).

The point you made which is most important in my mind is to keep the Rotovac or any other oooh-ahhhh tool in perspective to the overall goal.  Joe Polish made sense when he said you are not in the business of cleaning carpets.  You are in the business of marketing a carpet cleaning service.  Getting customers, keeping customers. 

Focusing on what is important is #1.  My job is to get the phone to ring.  My techs know that they have the job of making sure the customer buys what they need which is rarely what the customer had originally thought was their need. 

I would say more, but sometimes your survival depends on making mistakes and learning what really gets you the results.  Knowledge gained from personal experience is priceless.  Just think about what business you are in and be honest enough to determine if you are working for your business or ON your business. 

I do a lot less working for and a lot more working on these days and I don't feel guilty for even a single second that I traded craftsmanship for entrepeneurship.  I employ people who in turn spend their earned money in the local economy which goes back throughout this process to my customers who can afford to enjoy my services once again.  That would not be the case if I spend 100% of my time working in my business, treating it as a self-employment job.

Skill and consistency are great attributes to attain but let your employees be the top guns at carpet cleaning.  Focus on giving them the opportunity to excel with tons of customers on whom to practice.

I think nightrider and others here can agree with Carpetologist when he says "There is always more to the pie than how clean you can get it."  When the bug bit me it changed my purpose and direction.  Not saying the grass is greener.  I just simply appreciate it more.

Edited by duckcountry - 16/February/2007 at 1:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123