Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Clean water drains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clean water drains
    Posted: 18/April/2004 at 12:48pm
  Do most portables have a drain for the clean water?   I recently bought a Ninja and it does not have a clean water drain.  Kind of annoying if there is a lot of water in the tank when you are done cleaning.  You have to keep the wand going to use up all the clean water.   A clean water drain would be a very easy thing to add to the design.  Actually I could probably add one myself.
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 12:59pm

Good question Rotti. When you purchased your machine someone should of shown you how to empty your clean water tank without going through all the trouble you went through.

If you have water left over unhook your vac hose from your wand, stick it in the clean water tank slowly sucking all the water into your dirty water tank. Drain your dirty water tank of all the water and Vella you are all done.

Takes a minute to do but be sure you do not stick the whole hose in the tank and start sucking the water. This could create a lot of foam and go directly into your vacuums. You can tell you are doing it to fast by the way your vacuum hose is shaking out of control.

Give it a try and good luck. 

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 1:47pm
Many moons ago when I ran a portable that was how we had to get the water out of the fresh water tank. At he end of the day we would flush fresh water threw  the pump by putting a quick realease on the end of the hose and let it circulate threw the fresh water tank.  Than take the vac hose put it on the end of the water hose to remove the last of the water.  good to do in cold weather to.  Just my opinion.Guitar
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 2:24pm

Just suck the rest out with your vac hose (like Adwa suggested). This will also clean out your recovery tank somewhat.

If you forget about the clean water and all your hoses are packed up just tip the ninja on its side to drain the remaining water. Or if you happen to use a "bleeding" hose hook it up and turn on the pump.

A clean water drain...good idea...that would be a nice little modification for ninja's.

Rotti123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 2:24pm
  AH that is such a good idea!   I would have thought of it eventually.  :)   Thanks a lot.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 3:54pm

DIDN'T TED SELL YOU THAT BIG STRAW TO SUCK IT OUT YOURSELF....................I HAVE ONE........IT'S REALLY HANDY ONLY 'CAUSE I'M ALWAYS REAL THIRSTY AFTER CLEANING WITH A PORTABLE..........I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT IS..........IS IT ALL THAT EFFORT TAKING IT IN AND OUT OF MY LITTLE sh*tBOX WITH WHEELS, OR IS IT ALL THAT SCRUBBING WITH COLD WATER 'CAUSE THE CUSTOMER JUST FINISHED WASHING HER DISHES, HER CLOTHES, AND THE 3 KIDS BATHS.

NIGHTRIDER

Rotti123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 9:08pm

I don't know what it was like back in the 50's or 60's or whenever you used to clean but portables have heaters now.  

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 9:14pm

wow........ Rotti........that's great.......are you serious........a heater.......I would love that, with my arthritis and everything it would really keep me warm while I clean with the cold water.........they should think od putting some kind of heater to warm the water too.

NIGHTRIDER

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Rotti123 Rotti123 wrote:

I don't know what it was like back in the 50's or 60's or whenever you used to clean but portables have heaters now.  

The nightrider has been cleaning carpets since they invented the steam engine.  And he still has it and calles it a dodge ram.  Just my opinionGuitar

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 9:48pm

Ted called it a Dodge Ram.......I thought it was a piece of junk, so i took it off his hands and now I'm stuck with it. You want it.

NIGHTRIDER

Post Reply Post Reply