Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

i wanna do tile and grout!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i wanna do tile and grout!
    Posted: 13/July/2006 at 3:35am

We are just starting out with carpet cleaning and we want to offer tile and grout services. We have a spitfire 4.0 TM. can anyone offer any suggestions as to what equipment to buy. im thinking of taking a tile and grout class. is it worth it?? could i get by watching a training video?? magic wand has a 2.5 hour video.

any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

erick

Edited by icon - 13/July/2006 at 3:39am
Sponsored Links

STEAM KING View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAM KING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2006 at 4:05am
Buy a Turbo or an op machine
icon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2006 at 8:09pm
thats it? turbo and im ready to go??

i was thinking turbo already but i wanna be able to do a good job!.

erick
STEAM KING View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAM KING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2006 at 3:01am
you will with a good psi
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 6:38am
great education great forum many classes and CD's avalable from on line suplliers monitoring www.dirtygrout.com tell them Jeff Van Buren referred you   
cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 4:28pm
I second that, Jeff.  Dirtygrout will help you along if you can get through all the bickering.

I have been cleaning tile and grout for almost 8 years, feel free to pm me or post questions as you move ahead.

What area are you in?  I would go to a class if I were you.  If you can't, try to find someone in your area that is willing to let you ride along on a job or two.  There are guys out there who do this, I am one of them. 

How much psi does that little spitfire put out?  You should be fine if it will do 1000.  Buy an SX-12 or a turbo.  I hear Redline makes a better spinner, too.  Also, if you want to do top notch work then buy a single jet (like a gekko) for doing edges and corners.  Tile is very simple to do and very profitable.  You will soon find yourself wanting to do more tile than carpet. 

az
 Post Reply Post Reply