Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truckmount Carpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 10:11pm
Stanley;  That sounds like one of my BruinII I had.  One was great the other was a night mare.  Belts the longest I got was 200 hours, 2 diverter valves I could go threw 100 gallons on 350 sq. ft. if I had to move furniture. I would get about 1 hour out of 100 galloons of water.  The same when we used it for water extraction it went threw the same amount of water. They never were able to find the problems.  Not so with the 405's they are much more dependable.
Sponsored Links

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 10:23pm

actually the same machine...They stop making the bruinII because of the belts....the bruin II became the legend...and they never did fix the problem. 

It sounds like the solenoid was gone on your unit...the gasket assembly inside which actually stops the water...so even though its closed water still gets sucked into the waste water tank. 

when to pay 95 dollars an hour ...you start to learn really fast how to fix it yourself....I feel sorry for those who don't have a clue

People & Standards You Can Trust
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:26pm
Stanley: the life expentcy of the Bruin II with the Kabota was about 8000 hrs. Is that the same for the air cooled Legend?  I was under the impression Pro Chem had taken all the bugs out when they changed to the Legend?  Is it necessary to have valve work on the air cooled model it's a 20 horse power isn't it?  I pesonally think they should have stayed with a water cooled engine.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:35pm
I have a big bad kohler......air cooled...I have an extra engine just sitting...I can have it in and out with in an hour......mine has 12,OOO hours 1 engine change
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by Stanley Stanley wrote:

I have a big bad kohler......air cooled...I have an extra engine just sitting...I can have it in and out with in an hour......mine has 12,OOO hours 1 engine change

I will certainly give you credit in the maintainence department.  That is a lot of hours to still be kicking.  Pro Chem wouldn't want to hear that. Not much wonder your blower is starting to get loud.  The are worth a couple of grand. what you have to watch if you change it is the replacemnet blower warranty.  It starts when it leaves the factory not when it is installed.  So if it goes order one don't take one ii stock.  I went threw that once the new one rattled and they tried to say I only had a coup[le weeks of warranty left.  Pro chem replaced the second one. 

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:52pm

Whats a TM unit...some fancy switches....a blower and a pump...I found my problem anyways.....it was a leaky hose...from the blower to the rad heat converter...I change the hose recently...but I guess I didn't check the heat rating...it melted on one side....

But that could mean my blower is running to hot????and it is going...hmmmm I have an extra on the floor waiting for an install

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 5:58pm
Stanley, Trade it in while it still works
Steamdragon the hotter the better.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:06pm

NEVER...the Machine is built like a machine...I can make her new from the ground up as long as I have the frame...

I love my machine and she works for me...The most trusted employee I ever had

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 6:12pm

PTO baby!! No down time

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:28am
Until your van starts to break down constantly.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2004 at 8:03pm
Nice to see you back steamdragon. We have missed all that hot air and fire you were shooting. Funny you are back and your bud Steamer seems to be gone. But he will be back. He knows we can't live without his wisdom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123