Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

steam vs buffer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steam vs buffer
    Posted: 15/June/2006 at 7:35pm
Hi guys,

I am new to this stuff so I wonder, what is the difference between a simple steam cleaner that you can buy in wholesale for $300 and the buffer machine, the one that can buff or polish the floors and when you attach pad to it it cleans carpets too.

In other words which one is better for cleaning carpets

Sponsored Links

Revee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2006 at 6:26am
Hi Florin,

There is a lot you didn't say so its difficult to know what you want to accomplish. If you are trying to clean moderately to heavily soiled carpet in  your own home, you would probably be better off giving the money to someone else. For 300 you can probably get someone to come out and do a decent cleaning if your house is not too large..

I don't think you'll find anything of quality in the 300 range which is new. The best carpet cleaning tool in that price range is probably a high quality  used vacuum.  Orec makes a small home product named the Orbiter  which is some kind of carpet/hard surface cleaner.  I believe it is a pad or brush driver, around 400 dollars, probably not going to be useful in large areas but might be a handy tool around the home.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2006 at 9:05pm
HWE is the best
 Post Reply Post Reply