Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

transporting portable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transporting portable
    Posted: 06/May/2006 at 10:44pm
Im thinking about getting a porty and was wondering if its ok to lay it on its back side when transporting without leakage or damages....

Edited by Carpet Rookie - 06/May/2006 at 10:45pm
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2006 at 11:39am
It's not a fridge. As  long as it is all drained out I can't see why noy. Only why wouyld you want to lay it down? What does this have to do with RESTORATION?
Just My opinion
Carpet Rookie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2006 at 3:18pm
I need to lay it down because it will not fit in the back of my truck standing up. Is there any portable that does not need to be drained in order to lay on its back without leaking? Do you normally drain it when trasporting your portable.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 12:02pm
Well you will have to drain then. Why would you not drain it anyway.
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 12:48pm
Rookie

Every one drains their portable if they are laying it down and most cleaners drain their portable before going to there next job.

This is done for two reasons:

It would be to heavy to lift back into their vehicle and dumping the dirty water into the toilet is legal appose to dumping it onto the street.

You may lay your portable down any way you wish but I suggest not to lay it down on the side of the switches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 6:37pm
Thx for the info....my next question is which porty should I get....as for everyone, I need one thats reliable and durable....I got my eye on the dirt invader because of the 20 inch wheels....are they any good? ooh here is another one, how many gallons of water does it take to clean one room?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 7:15pm
20 inch wheels just drive it. My 1 ton vans only 16 inch wheels???
Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 9:37pm
Rookie

Were are you from.....if your going for the size of the wheel....the bigger the better for getting up the stairs...my question to you is....when your lying down your portable and those big wheels are sticking up....will you be able to close the door or trunk? How much water it takes to clean a room depends on how big the room is. I hope with these questions your not pulling our chain...
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 12:26am
With 20 inch wheels, you can tow it behind your truckWink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 4:30am
lol...that was funny......what are your pros and cons on the mytee speedster?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 6:15pm
Isn't that a MoPar product?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 9:29pm
Sounds like Goodwrench to me. Seriously though, I know nothing about the SpeedsterBig smile

Edited by cmaster - 09/May/2006 at 9:29pm
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2006 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

With 20 inch wheels, you can tow it behind your truckWink

If you lay your portable on its side with such big wheels at the customers house you will have a poormans pilelifter.Big smile
K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
 Post Reply Post Reply