Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Laminate Floor Damage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laminate Floor Damage
    Posted: 09/January/2006 at 11:43pm

Hi folks!  Recently I was asked to look at some damage done by a competitor (A very good company that has a great deal of respect from peers).   Suprsingly this company has taken the position that they are not at fault. 

The finished top of the laminate curled on its edges from water (and I guess rinse agent) that had obviously been absorbed from the adjacent carpet that was just cleaned.  I would characterize the laminate as lower end which might have been part of the problem.  But I am wondering if someone might know if the laminate was laid too close to the carpet  and a bigger threshold should have been used just to prevent this type of thing.

Has anyone elsewhere ever seen this?  Besides the obvious technique of a few extra dry passes at the butt does anyone have a better idea of how to prevent this from happening.   Or is there any common CYA disclaimers? 

Steaminpile is true that you have scars on your lips from being too close to hot knives? LOL

http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply