Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Oh The Irony!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh The Irony!
    Posted: 03/April/2004 at 9:23am
on the KK home page it says:

"We are Canada's
Largest Distributor
of Ninja Carpet
Cleaning Machines"

Yet most of the guys on this forum bash the portable machines.

Don't hate us because we can purchase a brand new machine, with wand, hose and stair tool then only take 2/3 days to make back the $2500.00-$3000.00 we paid for the equipment doing high-rise apartments that you truckers can't do!

ps. I'm not talking about the apartmet units but the halls. I work for propery managers and I almost never do residential crap, however when I do the buildings I usually do get sucked in to doing some units by the condo owners themselves. Still charge $150.00-$200.00 for the condo though. (with deodorizer of course )

Edited by jackblack
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 9:50am
Hoe many hours are in your days?  How long does it tak to do a condo?  How large is it?  Is it furnished? Do you have to add the deodorizer to make $150.  Just asking.  Maybe you have thie right idea. 
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 10:21am

Your right JB, I know of no other business you can enter at such a low cost and make a pretty good living at.

I'm not sure of the length of time it takes to make your money back 2/3 days seems pretty quick, however if you work hard and are serious about expanding your company you will eventually upgrade your equipment's Psi and then maybe even a TM. Makes sense the better the equipment the less harder it is on you to do the work.

It is also OK to use a portable, be a one man show and still live comfortably to what you choice to be your life style.

Most of these guys started with just that and where and when it happened that they became so smug to think that they can put down the very equipment that started there business is beyond me.  

Of course this is just my option. 

Edited by Adwa
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 10:58am
Look, I'm not going to BS you guys. Truth is, I don't like to work. I have other things I enjoy doing and would rather (much rather) be doing. 6 hours a day is enough for me. I'll do more if I really have to but the 12 hour days are in my past. I have good, fairly loyal property owners and property managers who I have contracts with.

If I clean a condo for $150.00 it probably takes me 1.5-2.0 hours to do, this incluses the pre and post chit chat with the lady of the house when I tell her what I'm going to do and then tell her what I did and how fantastic I think it looks when I'm done.

I'll say it again though I'm not much into residential but then again I sure love the empty condo's before or after a move :)

ps. Yes I do move some furniture.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2004 at 6:25pm

Condos and portables go hand in hand.....I remember the first portable I got....I put up flyers in my building and book 400 bucks Worth of work for the weekend......3 weekends and I had recouped all my costs...

I truly believe if you take your time a portable machine can give good results

People & Standards You Can Trust
 Post Reply Post Reply