Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Bottom line for TM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultralight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bottom line for TM
    Posted: 14/October/2005 at 6:09am
Any idea on how much room a dealer has to work on the bottom line price on a new unit?  Is it like buying a new van, always lower than sticker?  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 11:09am

they won't usually move too much on price,it's actually not really up to the distributor because I don't think they really make all that much on the sale of a TM

it's up to the manufacturer

you CAN usually get them to throw in extra stuff for no  charge.....(reels,hoses etc.)

A.K.A.
Andy
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 6:53pm
I got $200.00 worth stuff thrown in.....
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 7:27pm
that's it??
A.K.A.
Andy
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 7:40pm
Thats it !!!!! u ??
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 8:21pm

When I bought the last one I got an extra 50 feet of each hose ,vac hose reel and $200 worth of Chemicals

this time around I'm getting the 50' of extra hoses again,5/8 rubber mat,some custom hooks for solution hose,a little custom rack for the chem jug and install thrown in

sad part is the poor guy who was gonna put it in last Thurs. is in the hospital so I'm just playing it by ear seeing as how I REALLY want this guy to be the one putting it in

A.K.A.
Andy
ultralight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultralight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2005 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the info.  So far so good.........
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2005 at 11:08pm
I got an  05 Savana with mine??
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2005 at 8:20pm
Forgot to mention they thru in the diverter valve......
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2005 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by Steaminpile Steaminpile wrote:

they won't usually move too much on price,it's actually not really up to the distributor because I don't think they really make all that much on the sale of a TM

From a distributor point you are absolutely right. We do not make sufficient % of profit on Truckmounts to allow any significant discounts.

Most newbs who purchase a truckmount usually through their excitement of the new sale screw up and do expensive damage right out of the starting gate feeling it should be covered under warranty.

We generally need a buffer for these unforseen situations. Truckmounts need tender loving care or expect down the road some non-warranty expenses.

I use to rent out a truckmount. It always came back with double the cost as what I charged to rent due to damage.

Good advice is don't ever rent out your truckmount.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2005 at 7:45pm
10-4...............
 Post Reply Post Reply