Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

commercial tile and grout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: commercial tile and grout
    Posted: 10/October/2005 at 11:06am
     Been in business for about a year now. I want to get into commercial tile and grout cleaning. I have all of the equipment but I don't have the clients. What is the best way to get clients? Do you call them first and see if they want a demonstration? Do you just show up and see if they want a demonstration? Is it ok to talk to the General manager, or do you have to talk to an owner or an area manager? What do you charge for commercial cleaning alone and what do you charge for cleaning and sealing? Same questions go for the carpet cleaning of these places too. Any help would be wonderful...

Sponsored Links

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2005 at 3:46am

I have been doing commercial floors for the past 6+years now, and what has worked best for me is to show up and see if they want a free quote and if it's really dirty a demonstration, so that if they say I have to think about it they will have a clean spot looking at them.

If you called them first, how would you know that they had tile that needs to be cleaned?

It is OK to talk to General managers, and remember that you have to be nice to all the people that work there, you never know who you have to impress to get the job.

As for price you won't get much help on a board. Price is different in every city, so you have to get out the phone book and call around to see what the price is.

Bring some before+after pics from other jobs with you, some biz cards and a shirt with a logo are some good things to bring with you.

Hope that helps

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 1:18am
Before & after pics work great don't waste much time on demos unless your pretty sure the job is a go.  we usually set up demos at a time the customer is not in a rush and we give then 2 prices.  one is the standard price, the other is a price if they do it right there on the spot.  you would be suprised how many do it on the spot

Post Reply Post Reply