Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Marketing question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejfehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marketing question
    Posted: 10/August/2005 at 11:11pm

Just wondering how many carpet cleaners  would want emails sent to them every other day with the Name, phone and address of home owners that just listed their home for sale.  These homes will have just been listed within the last 3 days max.

Do you see homeowners that are trying to sell their homes as a person that REALLLLLLLLLY needs your service?

Please let me know. Post here or email me.

I'm trying to determine if there is enough interst for my new product.

Thanks for your help

Jason

ejfehr@charter.net
Sponsored Links

Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2005 at 11:14pm

Around here, the carpets are cleaned before the houses hit the market. Seems your info would be a little untimely.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2005 at 11:22pm

Jason

I am not sure as a new home owner..........that I would want a stream of carpet cleaners getting my e-mail address..........bombarding me with there service. I foresee trouble for you.  What exactly is your product???

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2005 at 9:34am

A lot of people clean before they list, more people clean after they buy...

it could work, you just have to try it

www.mr-steamer.com
ejfehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejfehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2005 at 3:11pm

The product I'm trying to develop is a targeted mailing list that would be of interest to several diff. company that are not in competition with each other. If you were in Cook county Ill.  You would be the only carpet cleaner that would be sent the info.   ADWA it is not for the new home buyer it would be for the seller of the home.  The info product is not contain email info ofthe homle seller.  Just name, property address, and phone number.   You could use the info for direct mail post card, followed by a phone call or visit to sell your service.  My business would gather the info and sell to various businesses that want to reach home sellers.

I hope that this is a little more clear as to what the product is.

Thanks for your comments

Jason

ejfehr@charter.net
JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2005 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by ejfehr ejfehr wrote:

The product I'm trying to develop is a targeted mailing list that would be of interest to several diff. company that are not in competition with each other. If you were in Cook county Ill.  You would be the only carpet cleaner that would be sent the info.   ADWA it is not for the new home buyer it would be for the seller of the home.  The info product is not contain email info ofthe homle seller.  Just name, property address, and phone number.   You could use the info for direct mail post card, followed by a phone call or visit to sell your service.  My business would gather the info and sell to various businesses that want to reach home sellers.

I hope that this is a little more clear as to what the product is.

Thanks for your comments

Jason

You may find it alot easier to market to real estate agents, they deal with more customers, have an interest in timely service and can speak to both the buyer and seller about the services.

I like the idea of "notifying" new customers of non-competitive businesses, however, your time may be better spent marketing to the middleman, whom has already gained the trust of the buyer/seller. They can do the selling for you.

Have you ever bought/sold a house? The last thing i am doing is checking my e-mail! I've bought a few and sold a few and the only thing i do is work, answer the phone and hope it's my agent with an offer. Consider the negatives before putting too much money into it.

Just my experience.
The Devil's Advocate (Apparently)
 Post Reply Post Reply