Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

low heat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydravan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low heat
    Posted: 06/July/2005 at 9:42pm

I have an old Hydramaster Hydravan PTO truckmount.  The water pump in the E250 inline 6 went out, and got it replaced.  Ever since I got it back, my water temp wont exceed 160 degrees and if you keep the water going on the wand it drops down to 135.  It has a ford water pump on it, the flow is good going into the heater core. This machine usually is around 185-190 degrees F. I'm confused because it should work fine.  Im guessing its not circulating enough.  The heat exchangers are hot to the touch.  I know the gauge isnt wrong because it doesnt feel hot enough.  Pulled the top hose off the heater core and its getting good flow.   Any ideas to check out????

thanks

jared 

Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2005 at 1:07am
when you changed the pump did you change the thermostat???
A.K.A.
Andy
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2005 at 2:49am
Sounds like you forgot to put a thermastat back in to it. Without that, the water temps are exactly as you reported. Good flow means nothing upless you have the thermostat in to give good temps along with it. If the thermostat is there, you likely have air in the exchanger. bleed it out and temps will come back.

ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
hydravan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydravan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2005 at 1:32am

The thermostat is new, when they changed the water pump, a new thermostat was put in, same one it had in it.  I'm assuming there is an air pocket in the heat exchangers, but trying to figure out howto bleed it out.  I have 2 heat exchangers, is there a general way to bleed these out?

Thanks much

Jared

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2005 at 7:56am
Make sure the thermostat is hot enough. There should be a valve somewhere you can open tho bleed the air out.
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply