Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pad vs. Steam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pad vs. Steam
    Posted: 23/March/2004 at 4:48pm

Use the PAD, and make the carpet SAD

Use the STEAM, and make the carpet Gleem

FooLingYu

Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2005 at 1:58am
NOT ALWAYS TRUE
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2005 at 6:22am
you got that right!
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Apprentice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2005 at 10:00pm

I am trying to figure out what type of method I want to use when I start my CC biz,  the dry system seems like it would be easier and less potential for screwing up a job, But I have read that it only cleans the top 1/3 of the carpet, and that carpet mills only recomend steam cleaning,  First , is this true? second if it is true, how do you get customers? why would any one want to pay for just a surface cleaning?  

And can someone tell me the difference between bonnet, and OP?  

Thank you

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2005 at 10:18pm

Originally posted by Apprentice Apprentice wrote:

And can someone tell me the difference between bonnet, and OP?

Try this link Apprentice
http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=680&P N=1 

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 7:07pm
Now we see why his name is Fooling you
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2005 at 7:59pm
    Funny Post    
dri-kleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dri-kleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2005 at 12:15pm

As a bonett cleaner for 18 years and now cleaning using the HWE method I can honestly say they are both awesome cleaning techniques.  LEt me elaborate, I do feel the bonnet method is extremely effective in getting a deep clean if done correctly and with the proper cleaning agent.  Now, I will be honest and say it is not very effective for a full blown restoration cleaning.  But then again, I normally am not dealing with restorative cleaning and it is truly much cheaper to clean using the bonnet system.  Now, why did I change over to the HWE method.  Two reasons, one it gives me the equipment necassary to clean tile & grout plus flood damage.  The main reason is because with the new Rotary DriMaster cleaning tool I am able to leave carpets just as dry as I did when using the bonnet method.  Bottom line is they are both equally effective when used correctly.  Do not limit yourself to just one process.  Fit you clients needs and meet their expectations.  Now the most important thing you can do when breaking into this industry is become IICRC certified.  Best of luck to you.

Chris
"You Get the Cleanest, Fluffiest, Healthiest, Longest-Lasting Carpet Cleaning on the Planet,
Or It's FREE! "

Best Place In The World To Find A Carpet Cleaner...
www.AlwaysCleanFloors.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 4:45pm

dri-kleen,

Nice to see your open-mind on different cleaning systems and offering both. I find many carpet cleaners want to seriously and viciously attack and deflame any other system other than the one they use. Incidentally if you were impressed with bonnet cleaning try a cotton pad for comparison reasons and see how much more you will be impressed and satisfied.

Thanks for the input. You're a keeper.

Edited by Carpetologist
 Post Reply Post Reply