Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 12:41pm

Oh

and NO

Glide needed either LOL  

DIVA

THE DIVA
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 1:06pm
I guess by the photo that you don't bother cleaning to the baseboards.  Is that standard to stay out  couple of inches from the wall. Or do you run the risk of damageing the baseboard trying to clean out to the edge?  By the way if you just want to spread a few things on the surface of the carpet for a demo than you did a good job.   My question is how good would it do if that was an actual spill that had been there for awhile and not something to impress the hell out of everyone who knows different.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 4:09pm
or the corners douggie... what about the corners... don't forget the corners...lol.... The customers always look in the corners
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 4:58pm

Actually we did the corners

The carpet is just brushed in the other direction (appearing dark) from vacuuming.

(Light one way dark the other, Im sure you can understand that, Wands do the same thing!)

The machine is great for corners our pads are extra big so we don't have to go right up against the wall.

And if we choose to go up against the wall, no damage would be done, its very wall and user friendly!

Another thing

We were hired 1 week after a steamer had been in. Notice the first pick, thats what he left behind!

Now Im not saying steaming isn't effective it's just this particular steamer didn't do such a great job!!

THE DIVA

THE DIVA
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 5:00pm

oh and yes the baseboards were done to!

THE DIVA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 5:13pm
Diva:  There is only one Steamer on this board.  How do you know if it was steam cleaned.  Do you know what steam cleaning is.   Please do not make statements you cannot backup.  Do try to bunch everyone who cleans with HWE as steam cleaners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Guitar
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 5:48pm
I forgot to Mention that the Steamer on this Board is Mr. Steamer the Grest One and I am sure he along with everyone would prefer you find another slang term for cleaners who don't just spread and bury the surface soil. Someday someone may have to come in and cleanup after you.  Every system has it's limitations along with expectations.  No one is knocking OP and people who use another sysem expect the same common courtesy.Guitar
Just My opinion
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by diva diva wrote:

Now Im not saying steaming isn't effective it's just this particular steamer didn't do such a great job!!

THE DIVA

FIRST OF ALL AS QUOTED ABOVE

MY VERY OWN WORDS

"NOW IM NOT SAYING STEAM CLEANING ISN'T EFFECTIVE ITS JUST THIS PARTICULAR "STEAM CLEANER"  DIDN'T DO SUCH A GREAT JOB!!"

THE COMPANY THAT HIRED US TOLD US THEY HAD HIRED MANY IICRC STEAM CLEANERS BEFORE (MAYBE MR.STEAMER IS RIGHT)AND CERTAINS STAINS NEVER CAME OUT AND THERE WAS ALWAYS WICK BACK AND RAPID RESOILING!! UNTIL NOW!! SO DON'T YOU SPEAK ON THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

NOW ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY SOME THINGS

AND I HAVE POSTED THIS BEFORE...

WE USED TO STEAM ALL THE TIME, AS WE ARE IICRC CERTIFIED ASWELL

WE ALSO TRIED BONETT

NOW WE ALSO PAD

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE ASWELL ALL METHODS ARE GOOD FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE AND CERTAIN SITUATIONS

WE ARE HAPPY WITH PADDING AND IT WASN'T EVEN US WHO POSTED THE PICS SO OBVIOUSLY OTHERS ARE IMPRESSED TOO

YOU DECIDED TO KNOCK OP BY STATING THE BASE BOARDS HADN'T BEEN DONE, WHEN THEY HAD AND ALSO STATING THAT WITH THE OP ONE MUST STAY A FEW INCHED FROM THE WALL!!

WELL MR IICRC MASTER GURU, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OP CONSIDERING YOUR COMMENTS ARE WAY OFF BASE REGARDING THE OP METHOD.

ANYONE WHO HAS USED THE OP METHOD KNOWS JUST HOW EASILY IT GLIDES RIGHT UP AGAINST THE WALL ALLOWING THE EXCESS PAD TO CLEAN THE BASE BOARDS BEAUTIFULLY!

SO I HAVE NOT KNOCKED STEAM CLEANING BUT CONTINUALLY KNOCK OP

SO WHO SHOULD HAVE SOME "COMMON COURTESY" NOW!

THE DIVA

PS.YOU SAID ONE DAY SOMEONE MAY HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER ME ...

HIGHLY UNLIKELY CONSIDER BEFORE I CALL A JOB COMPLETE I MAKE SURE IT IS DRY, VACUUMED AND INSPECTED!

AND SINCE THE CARPET IS "DRY" THE CUSTOMER NEVER HAS TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT MAY SHOW UP HOURS LATER      EI.WICK BACK ETC. ETC.  

SO NOBODY'S COMIN IN BEHIND ME!

ARE YOUR CARPETS DRY BEFORE YOU LEAVE?

IF NOT MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE ONE OF OUR CARDS JUST IN CASE WE NEED TO COME IN AFTER YOU!

BY THE I WOULD NOT HAVE COME AT YOU IN THIS MANNER HAD YOU NOT RIPPED INTO ME ABOUT OP AND MY INTEGRITY REGARDING PICTURES I DIDN'T EVEN POST!

THE DIVA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 7:13pm
Attacking me personally is not going to make you any better at what you do?  Apparently the only thing bigger than your ego is your mouth. Regardless of what system you use I believe it is the operator can make all the difference in the world, maybe except in your case  and what does the IICRC have to do with this.  As usual when somebody runs out of excuses blame the IICRC.  I do not know what the GTA did before you came along.  I guess it must have been quite some city of filth. By the way you sure waste alot of space with your replies.  Guitar
Just My opinion
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 7:13pm

Doug,

Take your own words to heart and stop knocking a method you know nothing about or you would not be making such ignorant remarks.  Stop talking out of your a--.  First of all you can Op right up against the wall and due to quick drying and subsequent vacuum, no one will likely be coming to clean up after you; can't say the same about your super duper truckmount though.

Has the IICRC brainwashed you to such an extent that you must seek out and annihilate all other cleaning methods besides truckmount extraction.  I have even seen you rip into portables calling them 'squirt and suck' machines.  Considering you shouldn't be cleaning carpet much past 400 psi, the only advantage of a truckmount is in its suction (and of course in the set up and packinig up time). 

Do you know long the average carpet fibre is mr master cleaner? ...less than inch when it is coiled up in its natural state (the way it sits on the carpet).  If carpet is pre-vacuumed properly ie. pile lifter or at least an industrial vacuum to remove the dry soil, then 100 psi(200 psi tops) is all that is needed to get to the carpet backing.  Extra psi beyond this is only needed to blast away dirt without having to agitate the carpet.  Don't tell me the extra psi is used to displace more dry soil which is now wet (mud) because you did not pre-vacuum.

After a proper pre-vacuum the only dirt left is whatever is adhering to the carpet fibre (soluble dirt).  This can be removed by a pre-spray to break down the surface tension and affinity the soil has for the carpet fibre and then extracted. 

Extraction can take the form of steam cleaning, pad (using absorbent terry) etc.  Can all the soil be extracted? NO.  This can be proven by steaming after you pad and see that the water is still dirty, padding after you steam and seeing that the pad is dirty, and hell steaming after you steam and still pull up dirty water.

So the question is not which method is the best.  It is which one is best suited for the situation and the customer in question.  By the way, I steam clean as well.  Just not as close minded as you.  And yes, you were knocking OP.  Stop talking out of your rear end about things you know nothing about and haven't even tried!    

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 7:24pm

DOUG

DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST
OR DO YOU READ AS BAD AS YOU TYPE!!

WHEN YOU ADDRESS ALL THAT POINTS THAT I MADE CLEAR IN MY LAST POST THEN ILL PUT MORE TIME INTO RESPONDING YOU!

THE DIVA

THE DIVA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 8:10pm
Diva:  Again with the personal attacks.  Attention!Guitar
Just My opinion
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 8:15pm

DOUG; again with avoiding the can of worms YOU opened!!

oh and I see you didn't even bother to acknowledge the comments of other forum members either

WHATEVER!

Edited by diva
THE DIVA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 8:44pm
gmoney I believe I read somewhere that you and diva are one in the same.  By the way I am not brainwashed. By the way I don't give a rats ass what someone else posts. If I did there would be no reason for anyone to post if everyone had the same opinion. If you put that post up on carpet construction and clean ability  for me I thank you.  You say you have read my previous posts good.  If in fact you did read them you would have noticed I donot necessarily agree with everyone.  If Ted wants me off this board for not thinking that you two are the King and Queen of OP then let it happen.  Maybe since your little ol feelings have been hurt maybe you can start a pole to get rid of me.  But getting rid if me is still not going make you two any better at what you do.  By the way just what is you do??Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 30>