Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Winter Slowdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:35pm

I have all the stats for the top fortune 500 companies in Canada and the States......................They all make money because of telemarketing and depend on it for longivity 100%. Telemarketing is a Multi BILLION Dollar business year after year whether it's in call or out call media........it's the number one source of new client resource medium.........ever wonder why all consumer products have an 800 number for you to call from a can of beans to a $300.00 computer software item........reason is now they can call you even though you are on the NO CALL LIST because the law dictates that if you have done business with the person in the past the NO CALL LIST is void.................I don't like telemarketers calling me either.............BUT IT'S THE ONLY MEDIA THAT BRINGS RESULTS AND IS COST EFFICIENT, THAT FLYER CAN'T TALK TO THE COSTOMER LIKE A HUMAN VOICE CAN.

NIGHTRIDER

Edited by nightrider
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:41pm

Just get one of these. While your out doing a great cleaning job these babys will make 2000 + calls a day. Leads turn into sales.

http://lawicka.com/

http://www.nextcenturytalk.com/

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:43pm
If I had one of those here I would be shot.Guitar
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:46pm

1986 Model and it still works!! Uses cassettes for outgoing message and incoming. Anyone want to buy it?

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.jsp?invite=EETm7o8mY57Mr 7W77koh&shareName=Photo

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:47pm
SHOT? Why doug
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:50pm
John:  I am in a very small community. People just don't like the calls. But you do have a good idea.  Just not for me.Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Cleanex.......You are 100% on the money........That is the only way to go.........even if you just get little offices to clean, it's fast maybe 2 hours starting after 5 pm, and it pays well, then you get all the extras as they come up, Wallpapering, painting, windows, etc etc. I had a meeting yesterday with a company where the contract will be in the 15,000 dollar a month area, 4 employees per night 7 nights a week cleaning the conveyors for the cake and cookie production line plus offices.......it's the only way to go.

Nightrider

If you get the cookie factory to clean consider a steamer. Now that's not our buddy Steamer but an Amerivap Steamer to cut the sugar soil. We have sold a few to bakery's. They love them for cleaning into tight corners.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 6:38pm

nightrider,

When I worked for Dow Chemical many years ago one of my marketing products was the popcorn type styrofoam for insulation. Some entrepreneurial guy came out with a much cheaper product for insulation and it actually WAS popcorn.

I first said to myself I could have done that. Now the first few people who tried it quickly became mouse and rat infested. So the great ideas for mice & men don't always work.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 6:56pm
What is wrong with a slow time. Guitar
Just My opinion
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 7:38pm

I have all the stats for the top fortune 500 companies in Canada and the States......................They all make money because of telemarketing and depend on it for longivity 100%. Telemarketing is a Multi BILLION Dollar business year after year whether it's in call or out call media......

&nbs p;          NIGHTRIDER

"... in call or out call..."

I'm interested in how the in-call part works.  Because getting the calls IN is what most ouf us small guys look for.  Supermarket stands, direct mailing, newspaper ads.. what generates the IN-CALL part here....

Cheers,

Allen
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 7:41pm
MASS MARKETING..YES
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 7:42pm

I have all the stats for the top fortune 500 companies in Canada and the States......................They all make money because of telemarketing and depend on it for longivity 100%. Telemarketing is a Multi BILLION Dollar business year after year whether it's in call or out call media......

&n bs p;          NIGHTRIDER

not at my house we just hang up.... I've seen it nightrider cold call over the phone gets very little returns.... but when the work from previous custy list, they will get positive results.
www.mr-steamer.com
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 8:29pm
I've been a telemarketer at a place that telemarketed 'for hire.'  So I got a good cross-sample of what does & doesn't work.

Working for an investment group, we invited people to a 'Free Seminar'  on investment. We got a good response.  How would you relate that to carpet cleaning?  Hire a hall & speak to inusrance adjusters about the problems of Black Mould maybe.

Calling for a water filtration company, we got a good responce to a campaign we ran for a free water test.  How would you relate that to carpet cleaning?  Offer something free that doesn't require a capitol outlay.

There were many scripts & scenarios that didn't work.  I think you could tailor a working offer with a good script with a good person on the phone to the right area codes & have an acceptable response.

Telemarketing also seems to work better after a mail-out.  Mention the mail-out to the potential customer. 

Cheers,

Allen

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 10:36pm

Ted, I like that post about the popcorn..........but what I would have done is tumble the popcorn in a cement mixer and spray mice and rat poison on it but not enough to saturate.....then the mice and rats can enjoy themselves, then I would quickly register an extermination company to remove dead rodent from between the walls............Ted who knows what the nose knows..........everything is trial and error.......I have over 25 years experience in marketing and have seen and heard most of the wise tales, what works today might not work tomorrow. You don't hear pepsident saying " you wonder where the yellow went " anylonger......cause it wouldn't work today.

Nightrider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>