Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Winter Slowdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 10:28am

Hi All,

Let's make one thing perfedtly clear an Marketing before we get in too deep!

There's only one sure thing that works in Marketing...."ACTION"

Creating a novel new way to be seen or heard is one thing...putting it into action is a whole 'nother ballgame. I know people in different industries that would astonish most of us with great ideas...the problem is that they never run with the ball. Therefore nothing changes.

Change is the result of action. Do yourself a service. Create a modest marketing plan...and I do mean modest...and get it up and running.

Flyers, Fridge Magnet giveaways, Fridge Calendars (I like this one), keychain, mini flashlight, all of course with your company name on it.

Here's something I'll be handing out at a local Supermarkets Sat. & Sun. mornings.

Like Nike says "Just do It".

I created this business card online. The cost for 1000 heavy stock 4 colour with glossy finish...about $25 Can...shipped to my door!...shipping included!

I know...where?...http://www.vistaprint.com

Hey if you're not good at designing something...I might help.

Remember......ACTION!

regards,

royaltouch

Sponsored Links

royaltouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 10:31am

Opps....darn sample pic didn't show up...you can see it here

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/420b782azeab31f98/611c/__sr_/ 9343.jpg?phm83CCBLcTZKkHQ

hope that works.

regards,

royaltouch

yep it works.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 10:47am
nope it doesn't
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 12:39pm

NOTHING WORKS  Royal Touch..........I guess there goes all your wisdom, you should take your own advice " Just Do It " But you didn't, and perhaps you shouldn't. By the way while you're at the Supermarket Saturday and Sunday ........can you pick me me up some milk and bread.

nightrider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 1:45pm

Hi All,

Nothing works!...please........and get your own milk and bread.

regards,

royaltouch

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 2:01pm

Hey Royal .............you can't even be relied on to get milk and bread how can anyone rely on your marketing plans.........JUST DO IT.........Get me some milk and bread.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 3:49pm

Just proves that if the best marketing plan never gets delivered, it becomes a costly mistake.  I have made many of them in my life.

I always remember when my kids were small I had them deliver flyer's for me even though I never had returns expected. I kept it up month after month like the marketing experts suggested. When I moved from my house years later. I went to take the last look and thought I should check out the door to the attic. Guess What!! Thousand of undelivered flyer's.

An absolutely true story. 

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:11pm

Somethings move like hot bread and somethings don't... they just get mouldy like Ted's flyers in the attic..

I've been working with the big guys for a long time.. and I can tell you Advertising works...  I would say 50% of all calls came from direct mail... a bismal 7% from telemarketing, 15% from the yellow pages...the other 28% came from Name recognition....

They spend the money to get their foot in the door, then they let the dogs out.  They never make money on whats booked.  All the profit comes from the Upsells or pressure sales.

50% upsell or your FIRED!

but I know for a fact that advertising works.. I've seen it and lived it...

we are all broke dics in this business, to service 500,000 homes you should have a working capital of at least 100,000 revolving credit...

it takes money to make money... most of us only have 5 to 10 grand, let me tell y'all something thats a weekend at Bernies

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:13pm

Ted, I can bet you that your kids now work for Canada Post.........at least they're consistant.

Nightrider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:22pm

Ted,

Great story...LOL

And nightrider...you delivered my pizza late...do I get it free???

And while your at it nightrider do you mind calling Sears and the Bay, maybe tell them all about how "nothing works", that they should all stop with the flyers, clean carpets like crazy in the summer, buy car and deliver pizza in the winter.

What are those guys thinking! Flyers! sheesh...what'll they think of next!

regards,

royaltouch

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:25pm

I was a paper boy.... I had oneside of the garage filled with papers..

my dad had to call a dumpster... I told him it was the extras... But he knew.. I got the strap...  I think I quite a few weeks later... doing 200 homes wasn't easy

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:28pm

Steamer, I would have to disagree with you on your stats, you claim 7% Telemarketing.......AT&T generate a ratio of 82% of upgrads to their service from telemarketing, Rogers boasts 92% for upgrads and 87% for new customers, Bell put a claim of 97% for add ons such as conference calling, bell answer, etc etc, due to telemarketing, Sears extended warranty totally depends on telemarketing and lives by a 99% and only 1% at time when item purchased, Sears carpet cleaning in Montreal would not be in business without it, 2% flyers,7 % store advertising, 78% telemarketing, 3% word of mouth, 1% truck lettering , 9% other media. I can go on and on and on........Invite me to your office for the day in the spring or summer and I'll show you that your stats don't hold water. Especially the Direct Mail crap......and Yellow pages only 15% never that number has to be much higher........Can you tell me where you picked those stats up.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 4:39pm

Royal.........I owe you a pizza.........Just because Sears, The Bay and others send out flyers don't be confused with what works and what doesn't...........flyers will bring you a 1% to 1.5% response ratio, only because of the price factor that is printed on the flyers.......after the call from the customers certain info which is misleading comes to clairity and appointments are cancelled, they actually depend on telemarketing customers that they have cleaned during the past 5 years. I'm not saying flyers are useless, it's good to always be in the face of your customers.......but if you try it you will realize.........IT DOES NOT WORK, as far as making money to generate a living............when you have alot of capitol behind you you can hire a plane with your company banner flying 800 feet in the air, but IT WON"T WORK.

NIGHTRIDER 

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 5:08pm
nightrider... check your stats... the stats that you are quoting are ALREADY EXISITING CLIENTS.. I grouped that in the 28%
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>