Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Casters on Wool Carpet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Casters on Wool Carpet?
    Posted: 23/July/2018 at 4:33pm
I have an expensive pure wool carpet that is being damaged by the metal tips of the 4 legs of my ottoman.  Repositioning the ottoman on a regular basis helps, but it's difficult to move.  I have just purchased 4 top quality brass casters with the idea that I will replace the existing metal caps with these.  Once the ottoman is on casters it will be much easier to move.

But is this a good idea?  I am concerned that maybe the casters will do more damage than the legs!
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2018 at 5:22pm
Wow!!
Sounds like one heavy Ottoman.  Having the casters may help with the movement and also prevent dents in the carpet with moving it around from time to time.  Just be careful that the brass colouring will not transfer to your wool carpet. Then you would have a whole new set of problems.

Take care
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
 Post Reply Post Reply