Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vinyl floor cleaning - how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemon guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl floor cleaning - how?
    Posted: 06/May/2016 at 10:18pm
Hi
I was asked to do Vinyl floor cleaning. Never done it. I only do carpets. Please advise me how it is done. I believe I need some rotating brush, some chemical and then suck it all away (that I can do with portable)
Your help will be appreciated
Ilya 
Toronto
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2016 at 4:11pm
1. You could purchase a Rotovac that connects to your carpet cleaning machine that cleans both carpets and hard surface flooring.

2. You could purchase a Rotowash that will clean hard floors, tile & grout and picks up the soiled water automatically.

3. You can use a swing machine to scrub or strip off the old wax using all-purpose cleaner or wax stripper depending on the job you are doing. You then mop or squeegee the soiled water then re-wax if necessary.

I see you are from Toronto...if you have any questions you an call me (Ted 416-429-0401)
JosephV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JosephV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2017 at 10:59pm
Have you used scrubbing bubbles in your vinyl floor?? Try it once. I used it last month and the result was awesome. It helps to easily remove the grime. 
gordoncorner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordoncorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2017 at 2:23am
Originally posted by JosephV JosephV wrote:

Have you used scrubbing bubbles in your vinyl floor?? Try it once. I used it last month and the result was awesome. It helps to easily remove the grime. 

This is a very new information.
wendyheath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyheath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2017 at 6:39am
Hello, I have also heard about the rotowash for cleaning floor. But most of the time it fails to clean hard stain. Last spring when my friend was moved to his new house with the help of professional http://www.movingrightalong.com who provided him moving service along with cleaning floor and bathroom tiles. According to him their way of working was professional. I think hiring professionals can be the best option.
powell.anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powell.anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2017 at 3:06am
vinyl floor cleaning is straightforward and inexpensive. Always vacuum or dry sweep the floor before using the wet mop. The best cleanser for this type of flooring is the apple cider vinegar. Without the buildup of a soap or wax, we can remove the dirt and grime using the cider vinegar as it is acidic. You can use the mixture of one cup of apple cider vinegar along with one gallon of hot water. You can opt for white vinegar if you need a disinfectant effect. Baby oil with this mixture can bring in a shine to the floor. If the floor is especially dirty, add few amount of liquid dishwashing liquid to the above mixture first and then the second time with vinegar and water. For stubborn stains use jojoba oil or WD-40 lubricant. Rubbing alcohol can be used to remove lipstick, hair dye and ink stains. 

Post Reply Post Reply