Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Mother Nature causing CANCELATIONS!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mother Nature causing CANCELATIONS!!
    Posted: 05/March/2013 at 2:29pm
When it snows they want to cancel and reschedule. I would be out doing 2 jobs today of $440 but it started to snow last night and continues all day 8" possible so
Mother Nature snatches 440 out of my pocket today. Confused

Its been ongoing this way all Winter.... Some reschedule and some dont. Losing thousands because of Mother Nature. Any of you guys experiencing the same bs?

I guess its a good day to do some marketing on the phone.

Picked up a few more tools... 20" 175 rotary, 14" wand and a hard floor spinner all from guys closing shop for cheap. Rotary bought new, got the wand and spinner for $400, if bought new the 2 would of been around $1000. Party Banana

Sponsored Links

jtuseo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtuseo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 3:03pm
John that happenes to me sometime just because of rain. Dont worry it happens to everyone. Just be happy people call you.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 4:05pm
The winter of rebooks...

I got an email to post why??? it's dead here  lol
www.mr-steamer.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 11:54pm
Someone said to pickup the pace here. The other forums are so cluttered. Stern Smile 
Where ya been Mr. Steamer? Workin or Chillin?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2013 at 2:17am
Too bad we all don't live in an area where the weather is good all year roundCry

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2013 at 5:48pm
where is Ted????
www.mr-steamer.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2013 at 7:01pm
What the heck was i thinking. You guys are full of Snow. LOL
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2013 at 3:54am
Friday night, where are the locals? Getting drunk? Can't see the letters you type? Double vision?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2013 at 3:55am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

The winter of rebooks...

I got an email to post why??? it's dead here  lol

So you can keep up on the good stuff Mr. Here comes Winter again!
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2013 at 9:56am
lol. I'm like the post office, Neither rain or sleet or dark of night! Sometimes you have to just buckle down and get the jobs done. If clients are cancelling though, that's a different story. But I would let them know it's OK to work that day and you'll be in the neighborhood ANYWAY. Snow sucks though, I hate workingi in the snow. I take it by the date of this post that you're down under. We're getting hit with winter now! Nothing worse than getting to a job and having a busted hose or frozen garden hose or pulling hoses through the snow. But you have to do what you have to do. That's when the upselling is the most important btw ;)
Hydro Clean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydro Clean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2013 at 4:14pm
I am in Colorado Springs and we lost 5 days of work this month due to extreme cold weather. I kept an eye on the forecast and called my customers in advance. I was able to get the most critical cleanings done before the storm and I got every customer to reschedule. It was rough on my technicians being off for 5 days, but I would not risk freezing our truck mounts. The plus side is that when the temps got back to normal, there were plenty of burst pipes and flooded basements to dry out.

Hydro Clean Carpet Cleaning                http://www.hydrocleaninc.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2014 at 12:27am
I hear you Hydro, getting down to -22f tonight. last week and this week losing tons of jobs from sub-zero temps. Worst cold Winter ever.

what do you charge for Emergency water extraction when pipes burst?
So much for the fast service + the labor?
cleanbright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanbright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/February/2014 at 4:02am
same here rain rain and more rain means cancelations as if im cleaning there carpet out side
Cleanbright the Dublin carpet cleaner http://www.cleanbrightcarpet.eu - www.cleanbrightcarpet.eu

And yes its only going to get worse im going to sell up and go into boat hire Smile
Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 7:50pm
That is exactly why I moved to Sunny San Diego great weather all year round no more snow no more cancellations I would suggest moving to a better climate where it doesn't snow
 Post Reply Post Reply