Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Textile Rinse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Textile Rinse
    Posted: 11/November/2004 at 10:11pm

I end up having to use textile rinse on two out of three homes for first time clients.  This is mainly due to peeps using laundry detergent or chem dry to clean their carpets or some other store bought substance. 

Does anyone else run across this situation as frequently and what technique works for you?  I run a Ninja 500.       

Learning For Life
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2004 at 10:24pm

Welcome to our forum Canei.

Make sure you use lots of defoamer, you wouldn't want to ruin your vacuum motors.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2004 at 10:35pm
Nope not me....Most times it's the customer that grabs the dish liquid to get spots out
www.mr-steamer.com
fastone1979 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2004 at 9:40pm

Please correct me!  I was thinking that after every cleaning job  you are suppose to use a rinse , that way you can bring the ph back down?   am i mistaken?     

every job is a self portrait of yourself! So autograph it with quality!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2004 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by fastone1979 fastone1979 wrote:

Please correct me!  I was thinking that after every cleaning job  you are suppose to use a rinse , that way you can bring the ph back down?   am i mistaken?     

Or did you mean you do this before you do any cleaning at all?     how do you know that you need to use the rinse?  
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2004 at 10:32pm
Cleaner preference.  some use a rinse some just fresh water rinse.Guitar
Just My opinion
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 7:58am
doug will using fresh water help lower the ph  level of the carpet
Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 3:11pm

fastone

From a chemistry point of view, there is no question that the use of Textile Rinse will remove more residue than water alone. This has been proven many times over.

i will agree with others that some like it and some don't. Fresh water will help lower the pH after cleaning but not as effectively as a rinse agent.

Best results with a rinse agent will be acheived by prespraying first and then running a rinse agent through your equipment. Alternatively, you may spray it on and then run fresh water to rinse it off.

Jim Darling
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 5:09pm

Jim,

You neglected to tell fastone that if he used ECOgent as a pre-spray that a textile rinse would not be necessary. And remember wool carpets love ECOgent.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2005 at 4:07pm
really no rinse with ecogent
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2005 at 4:15pm
no clean either?Guitar
Just My opinion
Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2005 at 4:23pm
In most cases, the use of ECOgent either as a prespray or a rinse in your machine will eliminate the use of a rinse agent
Jim Darling
royaltouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2005 at 3:28pm

Hi All,

We're using a rinse agent to knock ph back down from "our" high ph pre-sprays (say that fast ten times)....correct....if you're using a lower or neutral ph...not needed so much, staright water might be just fine.

Then again I do use textile rinse from Chemspec...would you dare use something else!....you're welcome in advance Jim.

kind regards,

royaltouch

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2005 at 9:39pm
What do you mean by high ph presprays?  Is this commerical you are talking about?  If the ph is so high how do you know you are using enough rinse ot lower it? Are you using a booster of some sort it increase the ph?  Rinseing agents are used for more than just lowering ph. Instead of thanking Jim you should be inquireing just what rinseing agents do?Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>