Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Textile Rinse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2005 at 1:30pm

Yeah thanks, I took IICRC 101.

Canei...try reading this...may shed some light.

A good article on ph...testing, cleaning.>>>>

http://cleanfax.com/article.asp?indexid=6634781

royaltouch

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2005 at 1:54pm
I don't understand why  are you cleaning with such a high ph?Guitar
Just My opinion
royaltouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2005 at 6:50pm

The odd time I do decide to boost a bit with Extreme Clean by Pro's Choice...depending on the conditions. Then again every situation is different.

At the end of the day a few things matter to me...the effectiveness of my cleaning and of my time...and obviously...customer satisfaction.

Doug it seems you've been around this industry for a while...what have carpet cleaners done to create such a bad name for themselves. What I mean by bad name is I do run across clients that seem to think we're all the same...and it's just a matter of price point. "The cheaper the better, because there is no difference".

Care to shed some light? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

On another topic....Funny thing...every time Ted and I have a discussion in his shop...I always come back to this one thing:

With such a great area (KK's posts) to read and learn and ask questions...why is it that Marketing isn't one of the top topics. It has always baffled me. Such a great wealth of information yet it seems to get lost in the "my slide-in is stronger than your PTO...Do other cleaner's really think that sharing their great marketing ideas could possibly bankrupt them. I find that it's something we rarely address. And like I always say "I can't clean it if I can't sell it".

Yellow pages mistakes 101, Do flyers really work?, Where do I spend my hard earned dollars in marketing...and get results?

kind regards to all

royaltouch

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 2:10am

royal... you brought up a great topic... I'm not a grand master like douggie, but I've been around. 

CC'ing is one of the easiest business to get into... get a used machine, fill it with some Bisell soap or zep... print up some cards, pin up a few flyer's and BAM BAM BAM!!! you're a carpet cleaner.  I've met a guy using a bissell... I've met a guy running 100 ft of hose to his ninja, which he plugs in the customers garage outlet and calls it a truck mount...

CC'ing takes no skill, you don't need a license, you don't have to go to school.  without proper training things get damaged, and bad reviews sweep the land.  Now all carpet cleaners are the devil...lol

On your second question about marketing...

we all know what to do, there is no secret to the madness.  You have to advertise.  You advertise until it hurts.  You advertise on everything everywhere. 

when do you stop??? you never stop, brand recognition is what you strive for... you have to take your nothing and make it into something BIG..

Most carpet cleaners don't have the coin behind them... it's just that plain and simple. Money gives you staying power and staying power produces the money...

royal I'm also trying to build my business, I've worked for many evils.  I've learned that results don't come over night.. Whatever media you choose you have to stick with it. One flyer run isn't going to do it, Just yellow pages isn't going to do it,a web site isn't going to do it, radio ads aren't going to do it, TV commercial no way

but imagine if you had the coin to do them all or just a few of them it would pay off big.

Just remember you have to pick your battles to win the war. Basically pick battles you can win

Mr. Steamer "The Carpet & Upholstery" Cleaner

www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 3:25am

Make as much money as you can cleaning carpets in the summer ...........save all your money...........buy a nice car and deliver pizza

Nightrider

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 8:57am
Nightrider I guess because it was a Saturday night and maybe you were slugging back a few brews. Your vast knowledge of marketing should of required a little better answer for both Royal & Steamer. We will have to wait for a better day to hear your expertise on this subject.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 12:32pm
Royaltouch:  Mr. Steamer has branded me with that grand master thing.  I am just a simple carpet cleaner.  Marketing?  I have tried quite of the greats make a million plans even some of Joe Polishes can't lose schemes. Guess what they didn't work for me. The thing is I live in a tiny area so that does not leave me much room to advise on how in the hell in the city you are supose to get rich. Sorry I am not much help.Guitar
Just My opinion
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 8:25pm

everything Joe Polishes says sounds good on paper when you read the written word, Joes answer to everything is just the flip side of a particular problem, he adds icing, sweet words, and put a cherry on top of it all, then sells it for a price. He does well at it and makes alot of money, the only problem is that he plans and amateur marketing schemes don't work and when put into practise you look like a fool and insult other peoples intellegence. All marketing is directed at the ill informed and uninformed consumer and even businessman, people from all walks in life are fooled at least 5 times each and every day............I might well be fooling you right now.........how do you know.........you don't.

Nightrider

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 8:40pm

Adwa.........................Marketing cannot be learned in a classroom, or by just reading some marketing tricks that have worked in the past.............the best marketing plans come from within a persons conscience, creativity, persistance, and hard core selling attitude, and the finesse in packaging a sentiment into the equation, such as fear, love, cleanleness, sorrow, happiness, etc etc etc........If it's not in you, and you are not into it, then it's not for you...........If you can't call a restaurant and tell them you're from the health inspectors office and there was a complaint regarding the windows, tile floor and carpets being very dirty...........then go there after an hour of the call and offer your services for carpet cleaning at a discount price over another company, then you're missing the whole point of marketing..............In other words .........It's all bullsh*t..........you just have to make it look and smell nice.

Nightrider

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2005 at 9:05pm
I think a good marketer is someone who has the ability to sell something to someone that they don't need or want.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2005 at 12:35am

Huh we are talking carpet cleaning... not selling blow-up dolls

How does one market carpet cleaning?.... apply your post to that nightrider

doug you have to get in the door first before you can start upstealing up selling

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2005 at 7:46am
Steamer:  Marketing has to start somewhere?  On yor fliers, ads no matter you are still selling.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2005 at 9:29am
Doug.. it's more like Tasters choice... a flyer is a appetizer.... when they call you on the phone ... thats the drink... when you finally get there thats the entree

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2005 at 10:00am
Mr. Steamer; If they don't like the appetizers, so much for the rest.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>