Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Trade show setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade show setup
    Posted: 29/January/2004 at 10:29pm
Hey everyone I have been carpet cleaning for about 4 years as well as ceiling cleaning. I am an iicrc certified journeyman cleaning tech. Last year I started into water damage restoration. We have had some success but could always use more business.
  There is a trade show coming up where i live.HERE IS MY DILEMA,  I have rented a 10x20 booth in the trade show but could sure use some ideas on how to set up my booth & market my business. I was thinking of dividing the booth into 4 sections, interair drying system  with dehu in 1, wolfpak on pre-made hardwood floor & dehu in the second, portable carpet cleaning machine, fan & ceiling machine in the 3rd, golden eagle fogger, tri-jet fogger & ozone machine in the 4th. I will be buying tickets for all the adjustors in town.
 Any input I could get about this would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Stitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2004 at 11:02pm

Harvey,

Suggest you keep the equipment and display continuously moving, demoing and presenting. Stationary equipment in the booth will gather dust and not customers. You have to WOW! them with noise and fog and maybe some quick spot removal techniques. Also, show water and oil bouncing off of protected fabrics. If you really want to blow the adjusters minds, demo a moisture encounter and show them how you can detect water through a 3 inch board using no destructive probes. What a silent Salesman this tool is. Another excellent demo for flood restoration is a floodsucker type portable that is capable of extracting and dumping water at the same time. You can actually set this up to suck and dump in a loop using a see through plastic bin. Good Luck!   

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2004 at 5:44pm

I believe the most impressive deflooding tool is the waterclaw medium size.

Withe a good demo you can show the pad being wrung out and no water coming out.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2004 at 10:16pm
Harvey:  You can have all the equipment in the world on display but that will not suddenly make your phone ring off the wall especially if it is all running at the same time.  Noise and confusion is not always a plus.  You need your name and credentials  out front in plain sight.  Is this trade show insurance related?  What about your other services?  Are you just in the water business?  There are very good VHS tapes it is good to have a TV with these running all the time to attract attention.  Then you can blow your horn when you have their attentiion.  having all this equipment is one thing knowing its capabilites is another.  You have to be able to try and tell someone why it is you they should hire instead of the other contractor with all his equipment runnig and knowing nothing about them except what he read on the box.  Just food for thought.  Setting uo a booth and trying to impress the hell out of everyone is not an easy task.
Brian Strawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Strawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 7:18pm
Just wondering where it is you live. I may be able to help.
Brian Strawn
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2004 at 6:07pm
   Brian the trade show is in Lloydminster on the Sk./AB.border. I visited your website & saw that you supply drying equip. This may be a good opportunity for us to team up. You could market your equip. Let me know if you are out of Edmonton.
Brian Strawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Strawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2004 at 6:54pm
Yes we have a Edmonton office are web site shows very little of what we
actural sell. Call Ken tell him i sent you his way 780 964 1221 Happy to
help
Brian Strawn
 Post Reply Post Reply