Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Legal form of ownership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legal form of ownership
    Posted: 26/January/2011 at 12:04pm
Hey All,

This is my first post however I have been on this forum for months. I am currently starting my business and trying to choose my legal form of ownership. I am leaning towards being a Sole-Proprietor. I went and met with a Small Business Development Center Consultant yesterday and she started putting all these thoughts into my head that I should file for an LLC and incorporate.

Mind you, I will be operating as a one man team and operating from my home. I will not have any employees at this time or within the next 6-12 months.

Obviously the concern is if a customer tries to sue me and takes everything I own including my house. I will of course have insurance that will cover me up to $2 million. However I was wondering if anyone here has ever run into a situation where a Sole-Proprietor has been sued for everything they have that insurance would not cover.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links

westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2011 at 7:43pm
You need to go LLC.
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 3:34pm
Someone falls and you loose your house, car, marriage and everything.  You need to seperate your business from your personal.

An LLC costs $100 bucks, you can form it yourself online.   Dont fall for those commericals who tell you you need to pay them for an LLC, its easy!

Get a lawyer, an accountant, and an insurance guy, dont skimp on the legal stuff.  I sleep easy at night knowning I am covered!

Call me if you want to talk it over.  215.791.831
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
 Post Reply Post Reply