Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cross-American + LG HEATER= WINNING COMBO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2010 at 11:30am
Does this mean the @$$h0le is finally gone?  He and HIS cult?  Alexarz, good luck in your therapy -- you and the other two personalities you have that are cut from the same rug.

Maybe the board returns to some sense of normalcy now that the bullies on the block heard their mother calling for them.  Alexarz never did answer the question that separates good business people from bad ones --- how's your credit rating, good enough to finance equipment?  Seems intent on avoiding that one.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2010 at 4:36pm
Actually I paid cash for my ProChem truckmounts. I know that is a difficult thing for you to imagine, hobbling around with that homeowner buffer, trying to pass yourself off as a professional, but you asked and there's your answer.
alexanderS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 7:48pm
Alexarz, I believe what keeps people comming is there own experience
with there respective CA Recoil 3s. They really do clean from a remote place
such as a van or a trailer. They may not have as much vacuum as an entry
level gas truckmount but they do have enough to operate in this manner.
Perhaps if we can take the personality of Ed Valentine out of the picture and
just talk about the machine. Expecially when they add a 2HT propane heater they
really do validate what they are capable of doing. Perhaps it is fructrating to convince others that this can be done.  I have one and so far nobody has called me a liar! I certainly could be biased as to what machine is the best but I will not
tell lies to support my experience with Recoils.
For those who invested their money in the belief that this can be done and
we get these posts from actual owner operaters of Recoil 3XPS with either 2HT or
in some cases 3HT propane heaters that their expectations have been satisfied!
What better testimony is there?

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 8:32pm
Jan,
I agree that a strong running portable is all you need to do great work. I started using portables again about 5 months ago and I am glad I did. Sure they have some nagging issues from time to time but it's never that bad. The performance level is excellent and it saves me so much money over using one of my truckmount vans, especially since I have my Mytee M5 w/ booster in a Mercedes Sprinter (24 mpg with AC on). Having said this, I prefer to take the portable out of the van to limit the amount of hose I use. No matter what machine you are using, less hose = more cfm.

The best thing is, I am not wearing out my truckmounts on smaller jobs and have them ready for any big jobs or overloaded days when I need more speed. I have the dryer 220 adapter to simplify setup and remove chances of blowing breakers. With the aid of Airpath blowers, we are able to leave carpets dry in some areas and virtually dry in others.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 11:46am
Alexarz ,I have had several truckmounts and for one thing they are so expensive!
Most of us can not just let go of $11,000.00 to $13,000.00 for an entry
level truckmount. So we lease and even in our down economy the interest
that leases are based on at least in this industry is very high.
Whether one purchaces a Recoil 3 or an M5 they certainly have all the power
and performance one needs to clean carpet close to the same levels as
truckmounts. In my opinion a 2HT propane heater will level the playing field
so that being able to clean from a small van or trailer is not only possible
but quite easy to do. Many like you will add an inline power booster since
they do add a lot of vacuum and are not expensive.
When you add the heat you lessen the need for extra cleaning strokes and
also you will not need as much chemical as without hot cleaning soltuion.
In most situations you only need 100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose so either
one of these of machines can do this. 150 feet is need only for a few minutes
to reach a bedroom and then as you can you pull a 50 foot section off.

Some do prefer to keep even more simple and just use the hot water at
the customers home. In residential this is not a big problem since most
have big enough hot water tanks to provide all the 140  degree water
you need.
As long as the traffic areas are peconditioned and with spot treatment
one can do an excellent job with a high performance portable.
As you pointed out one can use a 220 splitter and never have amp
problems or tripping breakers.
Even going portable one can leave the machine on the porch so that all
the noise is outside allowing a technician to be able to communicate
with the customer etc...

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 2:17pm

I agree with you 100%, Jan and I have nearly brand new ProChem Everest 650hp and Peak truckmounts. With the use of an RV360i, I don't see any difference in quality between the boosted M5 and the truckmounts. I am saving close to $700 a month  in fuel costs by using the M5 rather than one of the TM's. In addition, I don't have to worry about the waste water dump issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 2:58pm

I have seen the Prochem Everest 650HP! That is one big truckmount. If I remember

the Peak is a more normal sized truckmount. I just don't recall the components right off hand .
I will admit those bigger truckmounts will absolutely get a large job done quickly!
I have never owned anything bigger than a White Magic with a 45 Roots . I also owned a Bridgepointe Lancer which had a 22 HP Kholer with a 4MVL Sutorbilt. Both were wonderful machines but since I was a distributor I never owned one long enough to get into the inevetable repairs. Later I bought a used Hydramaster
Cross-Fire 3.7 which was great while it ran but you never knew when it might go down.
As far as reliabilty I will take my Recoil 3XPS with a 2HT and not have any expensive  repairs and they are few and far between. I eventually am going to get a Power Booster. A Rotovac 360 or one of the others is in the future also!  I used to own
a RX20 . It was the original slower speed but it was a tank . Reliable and man did
it make a difference however they want too much for them now as compare to the
360 . Both were invented by the same person.
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 4:15pm
The Everest 650hp is their top of the line TM, costing 30k. It nearly has double the cfm of the Peak and the heat is phenomenal. Hydramaster truckmounts are not as reliable as ProChem's. The slow speed RX20 was much better than the current model but the RV360i is so much easier to use and I feel it recovers the water more efficiently. One of the best things about the RV360 is the sight tube, which allows you to identify so much of what is going on as you are cleaning. It handles very nicely on most carpets also.

You are set up well. Do you have the CA booster also? If so, no need for all the negatives that are inherent with a truckmount. My Mytee M5 with booster registered 325 cfm's which is just about the same as a ProChem Peak, costing 20k. I could add an additional booster for over 400 cfm if I want to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 7:18pm
I have owned CA Power Boosters in the past? I sold my last one with
a whole package Recoil 3XPS 2HT heater 150 feet sol. and vac hose
wand.Normally they don't come with AKP Recoil 3XPS "Special Offer".

Both of the Bridgepointes that I owned were made by Prochem and
I liked them both very well. Actually I liked the White Magic slide ins
better. Back then they did not make a large displacement slideins. But I had
one demo unit which was a Pro 1700 and later I had a Pro 1600 which
had an Onan 24HP engine with a 45 Roots Whispair blower. The 1700
had a Kawasaki 20HP liquid cooled engine. It really provided hotter water
that the 24HP model because it had a coolant heat exchanger along with
engine exhaust and blower exhaust.
My RX slow speed did have a sight tube and when I used it on those extra
filthy commercial carpets it was wonderful! One was a skating rink. It had tons
of coke syrup and food candy, soil  etc... but I would heavly treat the traffic
areas with Prochem Ultra Pac trafficlean and used Prochem Dry Slurry .
I set a 65000 btu propane heater after the truckmount and had continuous
very hot cleaning solution . I mean I just let it sit on some of those areas and
watched the dark gray syrup solution eventually got clearer and clearer.
It had been bonnet cleaned for years previous so you could imagine what that
was like.
With your Mytee setup basically you are using 3 high performance 3 stages
all in parellel?  That is a lot of cfms.  It uses a Pumptec 500 psi pump with
a 1/3 horsepower motor?  I have pressure guage that I am going to be able
to use it with quick disconnects and just remove it as I remove solution hose.

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 8:37pm
The Everest has a 68 hp motor. I believe the Peak has a 26 hp motor. I realize that the slow speed RX20's had a sight glass (I still have two of those RX20's) but the one on the RV360i is far more visible. You are right about the RX's, even the new ones are behemoths. The RDM is a far better machine on residential carpet. The RV360i is much better than the RX20 also, especially the new one.

Yes, the Mytee has three 3 stage vacs in parallel, providing 325 cfm and 180" lift. It works surprisingly well with the RV360i. I never expected so much performance from a portable but I guess things have changed over the last few years.

I am considering routing the vac exhausts out the body with a 2" hose connection so I can add 2 more vacs in series behind the M5 if I want more lift. Maybe I can buy another Air Hog so I have 2 and can put them both in back of the M5 if I want more lift on certain jobs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2010 at 10:23pm
68 horsepower is one big engine. You must be turning either a 5L or some sort
of trilobe blower equivalent to a #68 or 6M I think that would be over 600 CFM.
Maybe 650 means 650CFM. That would easily run 3 wands. Wow!

I have looked at the 360 and for the price it is a very good deal and I am with
you about the weight of the RX20s. Just pretty heavy for most of us!
In series and in parellel together should be great especially for water damage
restoration or a flooded basement.  Emptying swimming pools Lol...
If your operating lift gets too high you may have to if you haven't already
get some glides for any wand or 360 you use with it.
I would also think you could get some very long hose runs with 2 power boosters!
I just don't know for sure which would work the best . Whether putting them in
series or 2 in line . I think that in line for sure would enable you to go as far as you would ever want to . On the otherhand with that much more lift you might accomplish the same thing.   

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2010 at 11:59am
This is the longest running infomercial I have ever seen!

And this is coming from a man in the past that was know for long running infomercials. There is so many aliases running in this thread that nobody knows who to believe is actually a real user of equipment and who is a shill being used to promote a product. lol
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2010 at 6:54pm
Yes and it has been over for 5 days. Everyknows who I am. And if they don't
all they have to do is hit on my profile! And yes I do own a brand new Recoil 3
XPS Second Edition. See you gave me another excuse to say the name and keep
this going lol... Personally I don't see a thing wrong with what particularly in the
last few posts. At least we finally got to be civil toward each other. I  will take
that over constant debating.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12