Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting and Building a Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2005 at 9:03am
dodge ram got rammed...lol
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2005 at 9:35pm
Great thread, Great info.
Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2005 at 4:57pm
After years of commercial work, I decided to quit commercial and concentrate on high dollar residental...best move I ever made...I get all of my business from referal...it took about 6 yrs to build up my client list, but it was worth it...I do the best job I can do am honest and I always show up on time...I always call before I come out just to let the client know I am on my way...as far as advertizing, I spend less than $300 per year...I compose and send out a newsletter 4 times per year...I have a high client repeat and people accually pass the newsletter on to friends and neighbors...so I get new business all the time...I have simplified my business...I work alone and do 2-3 jobs per day Monday-Friday...I once had 5 trucks, crews and all that went with it and could not make any money...now, I make more than I ever did and there is so much less stress in my life...I learned that it's much less expensive to keep clients than it is to try to find new ones...I even have 5 or 6 clients that I have NEVER seen...they tell me where the key to the house is, leave a blank signed check and tell me what they want cleaned...maby the way I do business is not for everyone, but I like doing it that way...
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2005 at 6:22pm
Rick wow ... sounds nice... I have a few great customers... and I agree that no one will ever be able to do the job you can do on your own customers
www.mr-steamer.com
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2005 at 11:17pm
It's been 12 months on for me, and this post (I've re-read it from beginning to end) is very reassuring.

Cheers,

Allen
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2005 at 12:16am
Rick just wanted to ask... what you spent on advertising when you first started out???
www.mr-steamer.com
Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2005 at 12:36pm
I started out doing advo mail outs...the first one cost me about $1200...I borrowed the money to fund it...got about a 2% responce...which on a quarter million gave me a good amount of jobs...but it seemed like I was working for advo...at the time my commercial work was keeping me afloat...and other carpet cleaners were doing advo ads too...so it got into a price war...it was an endless cycle of running ads and doing work just to pay for the ads...then I went to Joe Polish's siminar on carpet cleaning advertising...that opened my eyes...it showed me how to compose my own ads and target the customers I wanted and most of all how to KEEP those customers and turn them into clients...right now I have a list of about 750 clients...a 90% repeat...you will always lose some due to moving away...things like that...they use me 2-3 times per year...so I can stay busy and earn a pretty good living...I like to think that I'm a well kept secret...I let the other cleaners fight it out for the mail out market...heck, when my clients get those coupons in the mail, it reminds them that they need some cleaning and they call me...and all of them start by saying "Rick", I need you to come clean my carpet...I'm on a first name basis with almost all of them...I'd really hate to even think about going back to where I was 15-20 yrs ago
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2005 at 7:03pm
Thats a nice story rick... very nice
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2005 at 7:07pm
I have ADS. Whay was the question again???Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2005 at 11:26pm
how to build a business????
www.mr-steamer.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2005 at 11:46pm
I'm about ready to start a internet sales biz.
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 4:42am
What is the best and most economical form of advertising other than word of mouth? What's worked BEST for you?
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 5:44am

You said it yourself....word of mouth. Repeats and referrals cost you nothing.

Take care,

Lisa

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 3:01pm

What Lisa said is the most economical  BUT the BEST I found is:

http://www.lawicka.com/

While your out cleaning this machine will call up to 2000 ppl. a day or more. You'll have your investment back in no time 1-2wks tops.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>