Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What are the businesses you target market?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howellsgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2011 at 2:47am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Originally posted by westcovina westcovina wrote:

I have been targeting homes. All my commercial work pays too little. Lots of competition bidding down the price. I will not clean for 10 cent a sq ft.
yupBig smile

Adult Care Homes ... Commercial Carpeting ... Encapsulation ... Very Fast & Easy   with experience...   I have bid tons of jobs at $0.07 sq foot and made about $90 an hour.  Don't write opportunity off just because you don't think the numbers look good enough. Make the numbers work for you.
Howells' Carpet Cleaning
(503) 939-0534
Feel free to call with any questions you may have. I would be honored to help.
Geoffrey
Sponsored Links

howellsgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howellsgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2011 at 2:58am
Networking is probably the best means of generating referrals. Joining a small business networking group in your local area is a great way to gain exposure. The more you are willing to generate leads for someone the more they are willing to do the same for you.   And everyone has carpets that need cleaning...

But like I saw posted somewhere... if your knew to the game, the only real way to get started is with family, friends and low-balling the competition until you get some momentum built up. Perform and excellent service, make a customer like you and they wont care if you up your rates.
Howells' Carpet Cleaning
(503) 939-0534
Feel free to call with any questions you may have. I would be honored to help.
Geoffrey
CDRX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDRX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2011 at 6:46pm
I wouldn't go after any of these businesses starting out as an owner operator.   They are businesses and price is the most important factor for them, not to mention it is mostly evening and weekend work and usually nasty carpets, and they don't generally consider carpet cleaning until the carpets are filthy.  You'll have to do massive amounts of square feet for next to nothing, as your competition in that market is larger businesses that have crews of guys being paid $10 an hour. 

Start with middle to upper end residential and charge a healthy rate so you can make a living at this.  The quickest and easiest way to get off the ground is putting out nice flyers on doorsteps in the neighborhoods you want to work in.  Implement a referral program right away to leverage each job to get more.
XtremeClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2011 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by CDRX CDRX wrote:

I wouldn't go after any of these businesses starting out as an owner operator. . .  Start with middle to upper end residential and charge a healthy rate so you can make a living at this.  The quickest and easiest way to get off the ground is putting out nice flyers. . .

^This.

Exactly how I started out.  My father started me in the carpet cleaning industry and he's been in it for 30+ years.  He still uses flyers as a marketing mainstay for his business.  You have to get over the fact that you will have to put out a little cash initially for printing and delivering.  Do your research and find a company, possibly locally, that can print and design (if you can't design it yourself) a flyer for you.  Do the same for delivery.  Check into the delivery prices at your local newspaper or free press.  (tbh, I don't recommend wasting time delivering them yourself.  If you can afford a carpet cleaning truck, you can afford flyer delivery.)  It'll take a little elbow grease on your part to get a system worked out, but if you're an owner/operator that's to be expected anyway. LOL
That's the fastest way for you to generate calls and income.  Depending on how many flyers you choose to send out at a time, your first couple of jobs should pay for that delivery.
http://www.xtremecleanpg.com - Xtreme Clean - Carpet and Furniture Cleaning

250-563-9585

"Picky, picky, picky. That's how we like our customers!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12