Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

EPA, lead and asbestos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EPA, lead and asbestos
    Posted: 19/April/2010 at 2:50pm

Can anyone explain to me the future certifications needed to properly remove or deal with lead and asbestos?  Where do I take classes and the cost of those classes to get certified in them.

Also, what is your companies current guild lines you follow when dealing with lead and asbestos? 

I know a lot of companies in my area just act like they are no big deal, and remove them without any precautions, but I don’t want to be like them.

I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2010 at 5:32am
Up here in Canada we have not yet set any guidlines as for removing lead, prior to 1978. Asbestos is a whole different game. You might want to check out the red board and do a search on lead. I know there is a lot of discussion on that topic and the new regulations that have taken effect.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2010 at 7:35am
CDR offers a course in asbestos. www.centerfordisasterrecovery.com
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2010 at 8:04am
coastly venture unless you have alot of work. good thing is you pretty well need the same equipment for both mold and asbestos? Sub the work out you will never afford the insurance and training of techs if you only dabble in it?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply