Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

rotovac over wetting! any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2011 at 12:44pm
Here is my setup for my PowerWand:
  1. Mytee 1001HV 250PSI and 2000W Heater connecting to power supply through a Mytee Converter
  2. SteemBrite Shazaam Vac Booster riding on top of recovery tank of Mytee 1001HV
  3. 25' 1-1/2" Hose running to CrossAmerican Power Booster
  4. CrossAmerican Power Booster
  5. 50' 1-1/2" Hose running from CrossAmerican Power Booster to Rotovac PowerWand
  6. A slick operator (namely ME) directing the Rotovac PowerWand
The only things I will add to it later will be an external electric heater to further boost the heat at the PowerWand and a portable generator to provide most or all of the electrical power needed.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

absoluteclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absoluteclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2011 at 6:10pm
 I have a RV Powerwand and fortunately do not share your problem, I use a dual 3-stage porty with it too.

I like the suggestion of closing your ball valve lever a bit, someone on here suggested that.

Also, consider smaller jets.

What type of porty are you using, what vacuum set-up?

Are you depressing the trigger to much?

I agree, they do clean better than just a wand, if and when used correctly.

You may want to consider taking a CC course as well, since you are a "newbie"; it will save you a lot of headaches and possibly money.

ac
abosoluteclean carpets&upholstery

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absoluteclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2011 at 6:15pm
 hello DuckCountry,

Not sure if this is true, does sound logical though,  a electric heater will not keep up with any Rotary, regardless of make/model.

if you want to use a Rotary, you need propane type heat.

Please look into this and you will see that gas is the popular vote in this situation.

I ordered the LG, like most others operating a porty with a 
Rotary.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absoluteclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by absoluteclean absoluteclean wrote:

hello DuckCountry,

Not sure if this is true, does sound logical though,  a electric heater will not keep up with any Rotary, regardless of make/model.

Please look into this and you will see that gas is the popular vote in this situation.

Rotary.

DuckCountry, I forgot to ask for your thoughts on that information.

Where are the Green glides for the Powerwand?

Thanks!

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 2:48pm
I added a Shazaam vac booster and a Cross American to my Mytee 1001HV with a new 2000 watt heater and upgraded the pump to a 250 PSI.  Now I can run 100' of hose with my Rotovac powerwand and the cleaned carpet is dry when I leave.  I run a 25' hose between the Cross American vac booster and the Mytee.  I did finally purchase the Mytee power converter to run the Mytee with it's two powercords in a split of the 220 I plug into and no blown circuits.  For some reason with the increased vac power I find I am using much less water for restoring the carpet. 

I don't use the powerwand or HWE on every square foot of carpet.  VLM works for barely used areas of carpet and the standard wand works for everything but high traffic areas.  The worst area are shampooed before the Rotovac.

When I started my carpet cleaning operation in the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys way back in the early 70s steam cleaners were just water and would not clean most carpets.  We almost always had to shampoo, then steam clean.  Not much of a charge these days except for the addition of chemicals that require time, heat and activation to accomplish the goal of making steam cleaning better.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2012 at 2:56pm

hello DuckCountry,

Rotary.

DuckCountry, I forgot to ask for your thoughts on that information.

Where are the Green glides for the Powerwand?

Thanks!

Rotovac carried the glides at one time, not sure if they continue to carry glides.  I agree that a propane heater would be a nice addition.  Because I use less water due to the benefits of high vac pressure, leaving more to get the benefit of the in-line heater, I don't worry as much about heat right now.  If I did, I would also purchase a high PSI external pump unit for delivery of what is in the tank.
Drummond1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummond1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2014 at 12:32am
You can turn the water valve down and use less water.  Only turn the water up on the really bad areas.  You can also do multiple dry passes.  Finally, you can also use air movers to speed dry the carpets if all else fails.  Hope this helps.
karlkoskinen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlkoskinen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2014 at 2:52pm
it all about air flow if you are loosing suction then dont use it they put out a lot more water than a wand. i use a TM and still only use the RV for the nasty ones
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2014 at 4:37pm
Some users of the Rotovac complain of over-wetting carpets. Keep in mind that the Rotovac needs regular maintenance to keep it running at it's best. Also, a dry pass or two may be necessary.

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123