Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Whats a good Truckmount?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2010 at 8:26am
What unit you need may depend on what percentage of residential or commerical you do.  I used pro chem for 25 years.  Just don't try and cheap out and get a so called starter tm there is no such thing.  With a tm you can make more money but be prepared to work harder.  As time goes on you will work smarted not harder.Smokey
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by bonesheal bonesheal wrote:

With $20k I'd get a 5 year old truckmount. 

LOL LOL LOL Confused Confused Confused Shocked Shocked Shocked LOL LOL LOL
Carpet Cleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2010 at 6:01am
I want to purchase a trucmount from Amtex. Does anyone know how good these machines are??
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2010 at 7:37pm
The inferno 25 looks like a nice unit. Didn't see a price..  Nice website too!
We looked at them also but decided to go with PowerClean's XT series..
Price was right.. It's Liquid-cooled not air-cooled..Big smile

Inferno dont have a exhaust HX.. That really makes a big difference in Heat output!!
Think about it........... Ermm
bigrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2010 at 7:38pm
I would get a Dynachem from Cobbs Carpet. I have a used one. I've had it for the past 3 years. Other than oil changes, it has not given me any trouble whatsoever. Easy to fix yourself and simple. I'm all about simple.
www.AbcoClean.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2010 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by bigrich bigrich wrote:

I would get a Dynachem from Cobbs Carpet. I have a used one. I've had it for the past 3 years.
LOL! You did..LOL
Senior craftsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior craftsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2010 at 7:51pm
I have owned 6 Butlers over the last 25 years, and one with the 5.8 blower for 15 years. They are not the only truckmounts I have owned.
They are absolutely great machines and the trucks are well laid out. The quality of materials and workmanship set the highest standards in this industry and no one else comes close.
Even though I also have a Hydramaster Titan 875, temps get to over 280 F,  and a really big blower, I still recommend the Butlers hands down.
My 4 Hydramaster Maxx 470's don't seem to have anywhere near as half as much suction as the Butler 5.8 even though they share the same blower, from what i've been told.
Well thougt out, well executed, quality reels, thick stainless steel tanks, strong shelving, great long lasting paint.
I think if you can find a well maintained one at a reasonable price, you will be served well.
Just remember, take good care of your equipment and it will take good care of you.
Senior Craftsman
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2010 at 12:59am
Cobb's Dynachem Units are a great place to start if you are still looking. They are also one of the few units on the market that can dry the carpets you clean with them in 5 minutes as well. This is going to be something to consider in the years ahead.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2010 at 8:34am
you  have to be more specific than that.  It sounds more like a comparson of your tms than a question regarding other tms? what makes a tm good seems to be in the eye of the owner? Or in most cases the marketing of the manufacturer. Bull baffles brains?
Just My opinion
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2010 at 9:59am
OK.

What makes a TM good is a multitude of items:

-reliability should be #1 IMO. If it does not work , you dont get paid.
-next is good power and heat. Aim for at least a #45 blower(320 cfm), 2000 psi pump and 220 to 240 heat production.
-cost to buy. Should be under $15,000US
-should have a fast dry system built-in.This will add an extra $5000/month to your income above regular cleaning income. Without that you will work harder for less money
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12