Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Winter Heating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Heating
    Posted: 05/December/2009 at 11:12pm
Just picked up a TM and do not have a garage to use. In Kansas City it will go well below freezing most nights in the winter. I have a heater in the van now that will suffice my question is this:

What do I do in the event of an ice storm that knocks out the power and sends KC into a deep freeze for a few days? I was thinking a generator or possibly a couple of propane heaters. Any advice?

Disclaimer: I am well aware that the canadians piss antifreeze and could swim nude when its 10 degrees out. Got it. No need to promote how canadian you are, how long your hose is, how hard you can pump etc. etc. :)
Sponsored Links

CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2009 at 5:25pm
Antifreeze windshield wiper fluid. Got it. 
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2009 at 10:41pm
ahhh.....you're from Kansas.....not to worry in an ice storm.....click your heels twice and all will disappear and get better..........It works, I've seen it done before by a little girl from Kansas named Dorethy trying to get away from a wicked witch

Nightrider
CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2009 at 11:57pm
I'm FROM California- I live in Kansas City :) I will try the heel clicking but I will need to borrow your sparkly red shoes!
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2009 at 12:35am
Sorry....the red shoes and purse, I don't lend..........guess you're stuck with a frozen truck.

Don't use windshield wiper fluid.....buy plumbing anti-freeze.....most of the time it's a pink solution and this is important because it's easier to see pink than blue especially when it gets diluted with the water already in the system. After each job drain as much water as you can, then with the inlet hose suck up the anti-freeze until it comes out the same colour as the pure stuff, then stop.....it means it all topped up. Then when you go for another job drain out as much anti-freeze as you can and save it when the job is done to re-insert in system. Over and over the same routine until spring.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 07/December/2009 at 12:37am
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2009 at 10:36pm
Good advise Nightrider.........I always tell my customers to use windshield fluid.......I will change my speal.........unless someone has a better idea.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 2:01am
If you want to go the windshield wiper route.....add dk. blue food colouring into the jug.....just makes it easier to see.....get the -40 one
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 9:36pm
I built a heated shop works everytime all the time?
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 10:03pm
you can always use a plug in pump to keep the water moving
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

I built a heated shop works everytime all the time?

Oh yeah!!!!!Big smile

The STD Meter
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 10:19pm
Plug in pump is a great idea..........the heated shop from Doug is too heavy and bulky to tow around with you , plus the door always opens when you take a corner too fast

Nightrider
 Post Reply Post Reply