Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

new spinner design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glenn_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new spinner design
    Posted: 02/November/2009 at 12:32pm
Hey guys, I'm on a mission to bring you all a better hard surface tool. I'm a designer for one of the big manufacturers your familiar with and I need your help. In an effort to really meet your needs, please send me some info regarding the following questions.
-What is your dominant technique? side to side or forward/backward?
-How do you clean corners?
-How do you clean baseboards?
-Is suction to the floor a problem?
-How important is agitation?
-How do you keep from damaging grout?
-What do you like most about your current tool? Which is it?
-What would you change?

Any input is much appreciated! And this will come back to you, I promise!

Thanks, Glenn
Sponsored Links

Yes2BS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yes2BS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2009 at 10:12pm
Hey Glenn.  Paul Cutajar here from Bathroom Sanitizers Inc.  I am looking at purchasing a hard surface machine but I'm still a bit leary!  Corners are the hard parts - floor to baseboards - floor to baseboard to baseboard.  Loose grout gets blown away, when doing residential we can't get the wood baseboard or cabinet bases wet.  Although the corner tool is shaped like a corner, i would think the crevas tool would work better.  not sure if front 2 back or side 2 side is better but you would use both!.  An agitator or scrubbing motion would be most beneficial however I like the ease of the simply pressure.  if scrubbing is required you will need to use a seperate scrubber...unless you can make it work.  I have recently joined the group... r u in the states?  We are in Toronto.
I would be very interested in continuing discussions with you.
Cheers
Paul
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2009 at 4:52pm
Glenn,

Here are a few existing tools that offer assistance in hard-to-reach areas regarding hard surface cleaning.

Glenn, happy to see you asking questions from the guys in the trenches. Most designers get hung up with their own ego's and build monsters.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2009 at 12:46am
Originally posted by glenn_s glenn_s wrote:

Hey guys, I'm on a mission to bring you all a better hard surface tool. I'm a designer for one of the big manufacturers your familiar with and I need your help. In an effort to really meet your needs, please send me some info regarding the following questions.
-What is your dominant technique? side to side or forward/backward? forward/ back
-How do you clean corners? swivel scrub and mop
-How do you clean baseboards? swivel scrub
-Is suction to the floor a problem? not since i started using the inline vac relief
-How important is agitation? how dirty is the floor?
-How do you keep from damaging grout? keep the pressure under 1000
-What do you like most about your current tool? Which is it? almost everything.....hydroforce
-What would you change? handles are too wide to get into tight spots

Any input is much appreciated! And this will come back to you, I promise!

Thanks, Glenn

The STD Meter
glenn_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glenn_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2009 at 1:42pm
When I start a new design project I try to get as much info as I can. Watch videos, try to organize trips to watch local businesses clean, test all existing product, etc. This forum gives access to a huge community of the guys "in the trenches". This is great stuff guys, keep it coming!

Thanks, Glenn
 Post Reply Post Reply