Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Questions regarding Superglide and OP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions regarding Superglide and OP
    Posted: 30/September/2004 at 9:45am

Greetings,

I have two questions mostly directed at Ken with the Superglide and Pad Man with OP cleaning, but would appreciate the thoughts of anyone that would be willing to add their comments and suggestions.

First regarding the Superglide. I have a new invention that is just now coming to market. It is a new concept for continuous flow cleaning that currently has patents pending. The system is ideal for tile and grout cleaning with a package price that includes hose, turbo-type wand, vacuum with pump-out, injection sprayer, buffer with carpet brush and more for less than $2,500.00.

The vacuum is so powerful for tile and grout cleaning that I usually have to open up the vacuum ports on the wand to stop it from sucking too hard to the floor, but I am not pleased with the 200 cfm and low water lift for the carpet cleaning system.

I have seen the Superglide on this board in the past and am very curious as to how much something like this would help, but the price seems a little steep especially when my entire economy carpet cleaning package cost less than $800.00.

I have seen some people talk about drilling small holes near the wand lip and wondered if anyone has tried this. If so, what results have you seen?

I have the ability to go to 340" of water lift and beyond, but that increases the price considerably and getting better results from my existing vacuum would be great. Please let me know what any of you suggest.

Now to pad man. As a hardcore HWE cleaner I generally don't give much consideration to bonnett cleaning over HWE as long as the HWE is performed (which it rarely is) properly. I have been very impressed with your pictures and would like to meet with you to better understand your method for myself. I am customer oriented more than money motivated and I truly believe HWE is the best, but if you can honestly prove me wrong, I will put down my invention on the carpet cleaning side and start pushing OP cleaning.

I saw the pictures you posted and some comments you made regarding Joey Pickett on your post I would like to bring up. First of all comparing yourself as being better than Joey cleaning service isn't saying much. Even though Joey himself is a Master Cleaner and trainer and he even made the Dream Team in cleaning this year, I have several people in the Lexington area that are less than impressed with his work. I even know of one facility that I cleaned that had kicked his guys off the job because they could notice no difference at all! This was very dirty carpet and even Stanley Steamer did a better job. We do a much better job than Stanley by the way. Bottom line, using Joey as a measuring stick is not comparing yourself with true professional cleaning from what I have seen.

My second comment has to do with the pictures themselves. Many of them look like they have been done with a carpet wand verses a pad. What is the explanation for this? Do you use HWE after padding?

I am serious about wanting to be the best cleaner I can be and my ultimate goal for my company is to see people educated so the claims I see made by manufacturers and cleaners can be properly filtered through proper knowledge. If your system is truly better than I will be on your team in helping to promote it as well.

The three largest carpet mills in the world (Shaw, Mohawk and Beaulieu) say HWE is the preferred method. I believe this would be apparent if more HWE cleaners took the time to do the job right, but while a teacher myself, I want to always remain teachable.

Please do not take this as an attack on you as it is not meant to be that way. I am searching for clarity and truth where your system is concerned.

I stand to lose a lot of money by not selling my carpet cleaning system, but if your OP cleaning is better than I want to make sure I am incorporating it instead.

I stand ready to be convinced if you are willing. I live in Kentucky myself and am in the Lexington area frequently. You can contact me either at van@cleantileandcarpet.com or my cell phone is 502-724-3400.

May God bless you and those close to you and may His angels watch over you all.

Serving others while serving Him,
Sponsored Links

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 12:00pm

I will gladly give you that call, funny how we meet on the Canadian BBS..

One thing I will say right out is, "those are not wand marks" those are vacuum lines, we vacuum EVERY carpet RIGHT after cleaning and while it is still damp.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 12:52pm

John: You meet here because the Kleen Kuip board is the place to be to have stuff happen!

Vandene: Thanks for your question. The Superglide is not an expensive tool to use and is very effective. The SST(our latest) is only $159 US , but lasts a minimum 3 years in use. That is guaranteed. That drops the yearly cost down to only $53/year. Since it is a molded product, the cost in the year ahead will only get less as our molding costs are paid off.If you needed to purchase a wand to go with it, that would raise the investment up to $500 US, but would still be great value. Most operators report an increase in productivity that makes them thousands more per year. So it does not cost, it saves money.

The holes on the lip I have done , before developing the glides.They are not as effective, because they let the air in at the sides, and not thru the carpet fibers, where you want it. You say you are not happy with 200 cfm? That is strange, since the average portable only uses about 40 cfm and the average TM uses about 100 cfm thru a regular wand on the carpet while it is working. Even the regular glides we sell will only give you about 175 to 200 cfms with the glides on with a TM. Lift is not the thing to concentrate on anyway. Airflow is the key. Rather than building machines with expensive vac systems, get the lift up to 12"HG(165"WL) and concentrate on getting higher cfm into the vacuum slot. The more cfms that can be produced, the faster the intake velocity at the lips of the slot becomes. The higher the velocity goes, the greater the amount of water recovered along with the soil removed. Thus the better the cleaning becomes.That is what the glide does. By allowing more into wands DURING cleaning, it allow lip velocities to increase from the 14,000 fpm range that most wands produce with TMS , up to around 20,000 to 22,000 fpm. That is called keeping it simple. When you can do that at a cost of only $53/year, you have a winning product.

Ask any thing else you like about this and I will help you. Always happy to help a  fellow inventer that wishs to improve the process as I do.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 6:32pm
It is "happening" because you got canned from ICS again?
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 6:47pm
Ken has a few problems with the laws of physics

and how neg and pos flow REALLY works

the holes in the lip work even better on uph tools and not full size wands

Buy a cheap Power flite uph too with the clear plastic head

just above the lip around 1/2 inch drill a few holes first and you can see how the flow improves and then just customize it to your machine and vacuum.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 6:48pm

LOL. I was leaving that board anyway, John.Evan just made it an official announcement is all. Too much of a distraction to my time now that product sales are taking off.Glide sales are going up, the ZRX3 skid sales are taking off, and I have 2 national distribution sales signed on them.So, you might say I got what I wanted there.More time for production and bringing out the 8 new products I have ready to go between now and next year. I got what I wanted.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 6:49pm
so basically your saying glides are over priced and useless????
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 7:02pm
I will sell you the Golden Gate Bridge

Very good price

cash only deal

Ken must be making it big with all those cars in his front yard.

LOL

that right you dont park your company trucks at home

too many cleaners tring to take a peak at your stuff.

Edited by Bjørn
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 7:11pm
Mr. Steamer:  Far from it. As a HWE guy that uses a wand, they are the single best product you can buy to give your business a boast in profit thru dramatically improving your productivity. It just that everyone on the ICS board already knows about them or somebody that has one. So my time is much better spent elsewhere. Canadians get all the new product introductions now. You lucky guys.
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 7:20pm
Vacuum boosters are a better way of bringing CFMs to the wand

Knowing how Physics works really helps

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 7:28pm
That only helps if you have an under-powered system like the Bane you have. For people with a real TM, they don't need them cause they already got enough.
vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 8:07pm

Greetings,

I didn't mean to open up a can of worms here first of all so I apologize since I apparently opened up some old wounds here.

First of all I want to thank John for calling me and being a person that wants to see the right techniques used regardless of the system. I look forward to meeting you personally and looking at your system. If not to replace mine, certainly to offer it as an alternative to those who prefer or need a good VLM system. As we expand with our new product and service company, I am sure we will have a need for it. Also nice to hear you know about Daddy. He has been very good to me in spite of myself.

Now back to Ken and probably more importantly Bjorn.

Ken, I very much appreciate your obvious love and excitement for your invention. I personally help others with their own inventons within my church and elsewhere because I learned so much from going through the processes of protection, searches, patent filings, etc. myself. I would give you the same advice I keep in my own mind and continue to give to others which is "never fall in love with your idea." Stay realistic and be willing to look at its disadvantages as well as its advantage. Never try and over justify it to yourself or others. As good as my own invention is over many other systems, I realize the downside is that it contains more parts than a self-contained extractor or even a portable does. The continuous flow advantages help to offset this as does the cost and performance, but simple and easy to use beats out effective more times than I care to admit in this industry. Keep it real.

I do have to disagree with you on the cfm verses lift issue. I don't have the knowledge you appear to have with some of the numbers you threw out, but I have spent almost five years in prototyping and field testing and my experience has been that cfm seems to work well when the carpet has raised areas (a WalMart carpet I did, proved this point with its standard carpet having raised areas and drying very quickly) or the wand has a wider head/mouth opening.

When a regular carpet wand is applied to a low nap carpet the seal that is created appears to shut down the cfm benefits and water lift takes over. An engineer explained the difference to me in my early stages of prototyping, but more importantly, I have seen it for myself in real life situations.

That may not be real scientific wording, but I have seen it time and time again in field tests on various cfm's, waterlifts and carpet constructions.

My question was in regards to whether it would help increase the cfm's instead of whether water lift or cfm was more important. You did address the holes in the wand briefly, but you only said you found it didn't work when you tried it because you said it drew air in from the sides and not near the fibers. What about if you did it closer to the fibers? Did you try various places or just decided your glides were the way to go and you didn't want the holes to work?

Not trying to be rude here, just know that sometimes we have to step back and say, "maybe not such a good idea after all." I have a dear friend that came up with putting a strap across a wheelbarrows handles to help stabilize it and make it easier to push with your knees. I did a search and found that the same thing had already been invented. We actually almost bought the patent from the inventor in Arizona thinking he just didn't market it properly. After evaluating different angles I realize that the reason it probably wasn't in every WalMart, Lowes and Home Depot wasn't because it was a bad idea or wasn't marketed well, but that people would probably see the idea and realize they could rig up their own with an old belt or even rope instead of $19.95 (or whatever) for the one on the shelf.

If I decided to use a glide as it were, I would likely get them from PMF. I have already bought an Easy Glide fitting that they sell on their Easy Glide wands for I believe about $12.50 so $159.00 in comparison seems a little steep to me. If this is not a similar item than by all means enlighten me on the difference. My biggest concern is how I might be able to get better drying times with a normal carpet wand using 200 cfm, but less than 100" of water lift. This brings me to you Bjorn.

I appreciated your comments drilling hole on the hand tool, but you said it doesn't work so well on a carpet wand. Can you please elaborate. I am about to try several different hole ports to try different ideas, but would rather not make a bunch of unneccessary holes if someone has a good idea as to where they should go.

If you (or anyone else) on this board can give me some advice on how to increase the cfm on this system by possibly porting the wand I would be appreciative. I have already discovered a big difference in going from a 1-1/2" hose to 2" and i'm sure a wand that was 2" all the way down would help even more, but I already get a great price on my wands and don't want to manufacture my own.

I know the old Butler wands have several "V" cuts on the bottom of one of the lips and I assume this is to increase the cfm flow for the same reason. Any thoughts on this, especially from any of you that have a Butler wand like that.

Not trying to start a big controversy here and my vacuum is already good enough for tile and grout cleaning and blows away a Rainbow system and others at less than 1/3 of their cost in the residential field as well as many commercial portables.

Getting more out of the cfm would be a huge benefit however, and doing it at minimal cost is a priority for the residential system that we will be selling for well under $1,000.00.

Now everybody be nice and don't let me start anymore bickering. I would appreciate any help from anyone that has experimented with venting their wands in a similar manner. Thanks and be blessed.        &nbs p;   Van

Serving others while serving Him,
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 8:26pm

Great talking to you Van and I look forward to us playing on some NASTY carpet and tile.

Don't worry about Ken, many of us have known him for years, and that gives us a bit of insight that others don't have.

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 8:28pm
not so ken

every one tried my Vacuum booster at summer fest

opened a few eyes from folks

even improved the vacuum on new large truck mount with large blower.

and made a small truck mount very much improved.

I have real witness to this fact!

NO hot air just let folks give it a try on several truck mounts.

My vac booster only works with PD blowers not portables.

Ed V has that market.

BTW

ED helped me make my product too.

That is why I called the first one the EDV#1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>