Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How long do your OP Pads last?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long do your OP Pads last?
    Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:50pm

With several suppliers becoming available for your supply of these, I would like to know how long a life you generally get from the pads you get. Do you measure how long they last? And do you perceive that they are expensive in use/

Thanks

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 11:12am
Ken you know the best place to get an answer to your question is at .....bbs.ccsop.com !
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 11:49am
You are right, Ron, but I thought I would get feedback from this board first. Most pads sold have come from CCS, but a few got them from other sources. I believe John G said that 80-100 uses was typical. Just wondering if other users buying other pads have got the same.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 12:20pm
My name is Ron not John it seems that for some reason you think I am John(maybe John.G) I believe my phone number is in my profile if you would like to call and verify who I say I am !
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 1:28pm
I know who you are.lol
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 3:49pm

I like the "turkey pads".

The rest are a scam.

And yes John G. sells them.

John may be pricey, but he sells the best.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 3:54pm
Not for long though.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 6:44pm

Now that I have stated my disgust with your business practices, you seem to be attempting to get in on our market just like you did on ChemDrys market of glides.

Maybe it is time to post your posts over the last couple of years here Ken, your claims "as I have stated to you in previous emails" keep people waiting and anticipating your REVOLUTIONARY products just to have them dissappointed by not seeing them come to fruition.

There are several distributors of pads, however very few understand WHAT makes a pad work well and last well, it you do not take into consideration WHAT makes them strong, clean well and last, you will spend a fortune trying to please people.

I invite you to spend your money and do your own trial and error.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 7:07pm

WOW..... Those are some pretty cold words....  I'm still up for an OP machine.... and I want good pads.... but someone told me it's all in the washing and soaking of the pads...

one of theser days I'm going to find out for myself

Lee and Padman

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 7:10pm
I like Johns pads the best

As long as you have a large number of pads like I do

and rotate them in use they can last years.

proper care and not too much bleach and dont put them in the dryer will also add to the life of said pads

I also use only one side this will also extend the life.

I have well over a 100 pads

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 7:21pm

John: First off; Chemdry does not have a market of "glides" as you put it. They don't even make any wands. The only thing they have is a patent on a stainless steel skid for the RX20 machine. They are attempting to spread the reach of that over to glides that have more than one slot simply to protect their franchise network and their claim to 1 hour drying. In their place , I would probably to the same. Didn't work though. The new ZRX3 glides that I brought out this month equal the drying performance of the patented ones for a fraction of the cost.The new SST glides for wands is also superior to the holy glide they stopped earlier this year as well. They want to licence that design, and had to shut down everyone else that had more than a single vacuum slot. Fine. I adapted and moved on.

As far as the trial and error thing, yes I am doing it, and yes I am spending money to do it and will continue to do that to improve all products that I sell. The RSE may require a pad with superior wear characteristics more than the ones you currently sell since the machine is heavier than most of the pad machines. And yes, there is one on the way. Nice to know the baseline so that the percentage of improvement can be guaged more accuratly. Improvement is coming wether some are ready or not.

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 7:55pm

Hey T why do you use only one side?

I need some more . Do you agree with this Padman?

Does Con have any?

Lee Senter

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 9:43pm
Since I am mostly a HWE guy

I dont need to carry a whole supply for many jobs

Just the one a day or so that I will VLM clean.

You get better cleaning with using only one side and change often and not wait till a pad is soiled out.

Since I am not trying to make a number of pads say, last all day.

To get the most wear out of your pads it is more how to maintain them that counts on how long they last.

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 11:02pm

Do they still ugly out as easily?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>