Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rapid Resoiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:46pm

a trojan glide

and a Maxi Pad....

hey ted we need section for these... glide section and a pad section

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 1:51pm

Mark Johnson,

You saw Superglide Ken' and Diva's answers yesterday. here is my slant basically the same advice.

The fact that this carpet was probably bonnet cleaned to death may be your answer. It may take as many as 10 cleanings to totally remove. So what caused the problem will also solve (visually) the problem.

Steam extract for as long as you can afford to. Then go over the tips with a bonnet or preferably a pad and leave speed drying equipment in-place and you will have a visually satisfied customer.

You said you were going to look at bonnet machines. Do not make your decision until you compare pad machines and pads. I know they sound the same but if you search through the archives you will hear two very conflicting methods of soil removal.

Edited by Carpetologist
Mark Johnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 2:18pm

This past Sunday I approached a particularly hard traveled area with a strong mix of Extreme Clean & Energy. I agitated the area with a Rotovac with scrubbing heads, followed by a rinse (Pro's Choice Final Step)with a portable extractor.

Then I used Prochem All Fiber Rinse in a CFR Pro 400 machine. The mix was changed before recommended intervals. I ran blowers on that area while I worked on another section with the Prochem rinse. I noticed that the rinse solution gave me the same results as detergent!

All areas I used the CFR machine & rinse on were dry for the Monday opening, however the area I Rotovaced was still damp ( & wicking!). Those areas that were dry felt very clean & soft, with no stickiness, but I thought the rug should look cleaner.Please note also that the staff, owner & janitorial person complimented the work over all others before me. Yes, I am particular, but I know all my fellow cleaners in this forum who saw the results would agree there is need for improvement.The area is well ventilated, & as of this writing, I am comitted to remove the soil by further rinses, as I just blew this weeks budget on a water claw, & I still have to feed the family from the earnings of my very new, VERY exiting business. I reviewed OP cleaning & was in awe of the results, but it has to wait untill the bills are paid prior to pursuing it further.

MJ
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 2:34pm

I second Ted's advice. Bonnet machines and Pad machines may look simular and both go round and round, but that is where the simularities end. The bonnet machines go round in a near perfectly circular patern that basically only cleans on side of the fiber, and mostly the tips of the staple yarn at that. They use a synthetic thick pad that often has less than 10% of the soil transfer abilities of a thinner cotton pad. The reason for this is simple. The carpet fibers are basicly made of plastic(unless they are made of wool), and only materials that are more absorbant than themselves will let them release there soil load for removal. Using another plastic pad will not do this very well. But cotton will, especially 100% cotton. The blends do not work anywhere near as well. When you use a 100% cotton pad, you are using something that is usually at least 10X more absorbantant than the nylon carpet fibers are to the soil, and much of it will transfer off the carpet leaving it clean, as long as you change them often enough.

The Pad machine has a much more important difference to it that a bonnet machine does not, and that makes it worth buying however. That is occillation. This is accomplished by building in an offset on the steel shaft that is turned by the motor. By manipulating this "cam profile" on the shaft of the machine , it will now shake as it operates, allowing the pad to dig down deep into the carpet and remove far more soil than any bonnet machine. The carpet fiber is getting cleaned from all sides now, not just one side like the bonnets do. In any contest between the pad machine and a bonnet machine , the pad machine will always remove at least twice the soil from the carpet. This can be proven just by examining the pads of both. This type of machine is IMO, the very best VLM system you can buy in both its degree of soil removal and the finished appearance it imparts to the carpet surface. This allows you to charge a premium price for it above what is obtainable from the HWE system alone.>30 to .40/sq ft is easily done in most markets. Your cost input costs both on the purchase side and operation side are very low as well. Chemical cost is about $1 per house, and pad costs in Canada are very reasonable around $9 Cdn or less with new suppliers coming in to make the cost less getting them in Canada as well.They will last up to 100 cleanings as well. New Pads that clean even better are on the cusp of release as well. Now is a great time to add this important tool to your arsonal. If you are a die-hard HWE guy that has to have HWE as part of the picture as well, you soon will be able to purchase a machine that can do both padding and HWE with the same machine. This machine is equipped so that if you have a  Cleanco TM, you will be able to use a system called Power-Dri with it as well and be able to clean and dry carpets in 10 minutes or less. Available the first half of next year.

If you want to get into this type of cleaning before then however, I wouldn't wait. The current Conquerer machine is very good already, and as long as you have the room on the truck for it, will make you lots of money in the meantime that you are not making now. No time like the present to get started.

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 7:07pm
Mark,

You've recieved some 'tryable' advice here.  If you're going back to rinse though, I'd do as Mr. Steamer suggests, but rinse at a very low psi.

Let us know what happens...

Allen
Mark Johnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 7:39pm
Thanks everyone. I am going back to that shop on Saturday night (what a great way to spend "the night out") & I will try to restrain myself from overduing the pressure. I have been checking out all of your suggestions & have been to a number of other subjects, & it's good to see those of us who are nose down in carpets (for whatever reason) have a sense of humor . I will keep you posted on this page. Of course, my wish list of more equipment continues to grow.
MJ
beamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:21pm

I never run my psi above 310 . I let the chem and heat do the jop for me .

beamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:22pm
What does "op" mean
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:30pm

Occillating Pad.

It is made that way on a Pad machine by providing an offset on the steel shaft that comes from the motor of the machine. The effect is to shake the machine in a lateral motion at the same time the motor is turning the driver on the machine in a circular motion. When a cotton pad that has cleaning agent is used underneath the driver, it removes much soil from the carpet fibers in such a way that all bonnets and most HWE machines are unable to do.Padman would be proud of that explanation.lol

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
beamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:48pm

Do you drive it like an rx20 or floor machine ?

I live in victoria , i wonder does anyone know where i can view one here ?

danmarck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danmarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 12:22am
Do you know if it is available in the states?

could you link me to a few websites to learn more?

Here to help you grow your business!
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 12:58am

www.ccsop.com

www.challengerop.com

www.orbitec2.com

Check out all three, they are all American manufactured

Happy surfing!

Carpet cleaning Diva

THE DIVA
Shortwun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortwun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2004 at 7:33am

You beat me to it Diva, but here is a site that carries a lot of information in it.

http://members.aol.com/wwwlinkup/private/index.htm

Have fun, and expand your wish list.

Cheers,

Shorty.

The short, round, mound of sound, from up top, down under, with a comment on anything and everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12