Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Google Local Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leuj20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Local Question
    Posted: 11/May/2009 at 3:35am
hi guys; I just created my google local/map add and I appear in the 3rd page does anyone know how can I rank my listing better hopefully make it 1st page? I don't know much about this so I am looking for any help. thanks
Sponsored Links

dsimms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsimms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2009 at 11:03pm
I think google uses some terms to determine where you are going to list..I do not live in minneapolis, but I used that city as it was a major city, and I rank on the first page of google for my keyword...I have yet to see much out of it, just a few clicks..competion is rough on google as carpet cleaners are a dime a dozen...and I do not think your google map is going to go up or down, it will stay where it is for the terms you choose when you setup your listing...I have a website also, and my ranking only appears for those same keywords on my map...there are carpet cleaning websites that are much older then my new website, and it does take lots of time as their is website competition also to compete for website rankings....

in my honest opinion, if you are waiting to stike gold with google, it will not happen..you will go broke, and hungry waiting for google to make you a pile of cash...why do you think google is a billion dollar company, and we are not. your odds passing out flyers would be much higher then waiting on google...

Edited by dsimms - 05/June/2009 at 11:06pm
CDRX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDRX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2009 at 11:52pm
Google local is not really to be counted on as a steady source of business in my opinion.  They randomly shuffle the search results.  My site was coming up regularly for months on Google Local, then one day I logged in to check my profile, without changing a thing, and my site hasn't been showing up at all for a couple months now.  It's too random.
22Clean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22Clean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2009 at 7:33pm
The results are not randomly shuffled.  You need to optimize your "local page"  for the terms that you would like to rank for.  In other words if you are "Atlanta carpet cleaners", you need to include that phrase several times, naturally of course, in the content of your local page.  Also, check where reviews are coming from.  Then go to those sites and register your company and either post your own review or encourage customers to make reviews.  Lastly, you need to make backlinks to your page with the correct anchor text just like a normal web page seo strategy. 
aqualux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2009 at 3:05am
I disagree with CDRX...  It isn't as random as you think it maybe.  It seems random because location also plays into the factor.

If you don't keep your website/citation/link building updated then of course your site will lose its position as fast as it got there.  The key for getting ranked higher on local listings is to make sure you have gotten citations.  A good place to start is getlisted.org.  It is a free tool that helps you build citations and what not. 

Make sure your listing is complete as possible.  Make sure other listings as complete as possible.  Try to mix up descriptions between other listing sites.  Use keywords (don't abuse) in the title.  Make sure your website contains your citations on all the pages.

Just search on google for more information "rank google local listings" or "citation building"

Hope this helps.
Aqualux Carpet Cleaning in Dallas Texas
 Post Reply Post Reply