Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Can anyone reccomend an Air Compressor??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myteeclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone reccomend an Air Compressor??
    Posted: 07/May/2009 at 9:39am
We have not started offering air duct cleaning yet, but have been doing some research.  I am trying to find out how much we really need to spend on an air compressor to do a good job using a TM and either one of the systems that use Whips, Brushes or both.
Can a Home Depot special for a few hundred dollars really do the trick or do we need to spend a few thousand to get a good unit that will last?  What type of air compressor do you use and how much did you spend on it?

Also what air duct cleaning system to you use if you are using a truck mount... spinning brushes, whips, anything else??
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 3:00pm
Spinning Brushes. Blowing just air into a vent does a poor job of cleaning. You must have physical contact with the duct wall to remove the soil in it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2009 at 12:11am
if the high pressure air doesn't move the dust then the furnace wont move it either. So the dust wont be recycled into the home so its not a worry.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by FuzzSucker FuzzSucker wrote:

if the high pressure air doesn't move the dust then the furnace wont move it either. So the dust wont be recycled into the home so its not a worry.

WRONG!

The furnace system moves the dust into the vents and into the rooms because it is propelled there by the HIGH CFM that the furnace blower motor generates. Not the same thing as the LOW CFM that comes out of a skipper air hose. It takes either High CFM air movement OR pysical contact of BRUSHES to move it a second time once it gets into the ducting.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
bullets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/June/2009 at 4:52am
spinning brushes are very good for some systems but not all. if you clean a return that uses stud chases inside walls, and the chases have wiring in them, you'll tear and tangle in the wires. best to utilize a combination of systems.

whip system is much safer and using an electric compressor will suffice although it'll be slower then using a gas powered compressor. as long as recovery is not too long, electric, like the one listed below is good.

the dewalt electric compressor Model: D55146 is ideal.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2009 at 5:55pm
Agreed. Brush systems are NOT usable in ALL systems, but where they can be used they are the best method to use.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 24/July/2009 at 7:23am
rah67123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rah67123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2009 at 10:35pm

I've used many different systems over the years and the best system I've used is a negative air machine, connected to the main trunk, I use an atlantic engineering negative air machine with two motors, and dont use an air compressor at all, use air care's cobra ll brush with the hose connected to your truck mount, if you have one.  I've tested it and it will absolutely blow away any other method.  I have an abatement air compressor thats just sits in the garage that I paid 2500.00 for.  When I ran those little duct cleaning rods through ducts with the rubber agitator it just wasnt getting them clean enough for me.  If you dont have a truckmount, then I recommend air cares 4x4 vac.  It has 4 vacs and it is a very powerful machine. 

wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2009 at 7:15pm
the 150 psi ridgid from home depot is gr8. Honda motor regular 1200 dollars canaidian. I got mine for 800 on sale. 3 year warrenty and for another 80 bucks I got a 5 year warrenty. Gr8 machine for a wheelbarrow style
 Post Reply Post Reply