Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cleaning Candle Wax stains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning Candle Wax stains
    Posted: 10/March/2009 at 11:25am
Remove all the fallen candle drops with a knife or spoon. Then, place clean white paper towels over the stain and apply a warm iron to it. This will help the stain to move from the carpet to the paper. Keep moving it around until it is totally absorbed. If any greasy spots are left, you will want to apply baking soda to the area and then vacuum up. Hope this helps up.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2009 at 12:39pm
Baking soda. Yeah, that's itWacko

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2009 at 1:24pm
I thought I read where someone just used a hot pot to remove the wax or was that the carpet??
Just My opinion
SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2009 at 11:10am
I've read on a lot of web pages that baking soda helps with candle wax. As someone who does this for a living, this makes zero sense to me. Just do what hypero says. Scrape it off, heat it up, scrape again, let cool, repeat. Just be careful with colored candles. The heat can set in the dyes. Then you have another problem.
Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
 Post Reply Post Reply