Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If you dont post on Craigslist, your missing out!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

If you dont post on Craigslist, your missing out!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2009 at 1:27am
google's site blocking tool is going crazy and blocking all kinds of sites.

Kijiji is where those who sell pets for big profits (breeders) are going because the craigslist police are shutting down their access.  In the states Dems us craigslist, Republicans use kijiji now.  Or so the trend seems to be heading.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2009 at 8:37am
Speaking of pets, and not to get off topic, but I've found leaving business cards at pet stores seems to get the phone ringing. Two weeks ago I went into a new local pet store and they had a bulletin boarding hanging so I left some cards. A few days later I started getting calls saying they saw my business card hanging at the pet store.
Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2009 at 10:42am
hmmmmmmmmm, that's not a bad idea luv. Thanks for sharing
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 9:43am
hey guys

I was wondering, for those who use Kijiji, how you found out about it.

im 25, used a computer non stop during college, and grew up in the generation of computers, and I have never heard of it before...just wondering how you came upon it

I will begin posting on there shortly, and see how it goes
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 10:03am
I have also used craigslist and it will pop up on Google the next day on page one for that city. Also if you have a new page that you want to get crawled, link your add to the Craigslist coupon and Google will index the page within a few days since they crawl craigslist every day.
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 10:08am
I just read that Kijiji is ebays free online classified..so that makes sense..
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 1:53pm
Does your target audience shop by doing its research on the internet or is it the case that the frequency of contacts generated by prospective customers is greater due to your reliance on the internet to generate sales contacts?

Are the people you want to see as customers using the internet or is that where you get so many price shoppers and indoor kennels that waste your time and labor, most of whom are not near future repeat buyers?

Just wondering if you had determined the internet shopper would be your customer by using marketing research surveys performed by you at your expense over several weeks in your target area or did you go with a gut feel?  Not being critical, simply fact finding.

Edited by duckcountry - 13/February/2009 at 2:07pm
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

I had to laugh at this ad on Kijiji,

Xmas Carpet Cleaning Special

Ad ID: 91934063
  Visits: 55
Address: London, Ontario
Date Listed: 01-Feb-09

3 rooms  $100
2 rooms $75
1 room $50
Couch Sets or stairs count as 1 Room for combos.

Carpet will be damp for approx 2 days

Our chemicals are safe for pets and enviromentally friendly.

The title for the ad should have been "Start Your Own Mold Colony Today"
aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 3:21am
let me give an update on craigslist.  If you are posting a carpet cleaning ad on craigslist. or Kiijii or backpage, ebay, olx it depends on a lot of factors still unknown to me.  I've been trying to get some results from one but not one single call.  I am in a tough market and what I mean by that is economy (like us all) and location. Try cleaning carpets in atlanta.  It's like a circus. Everyone's running around chasing everyone instead of collaborating and dividing a market share.  I don't know that's my little piece.  Craigslist probably works better in a market that not over saturated.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 3:23am
Originally posted by prouddadx3 prouddadx3 wrote:

I have also used craigslist and it will pop up on Google the next day on page one for that city. Also if you have a new page that you want to get crawled, link your add to the Craigslist coupon and Google will index the page within a few days since they crawl craigslist every day.

Btw prouddad.  I will try this method I saw someone's ad like this before on the first page.  The question is how long does it stay on the first page?
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 9:06am
I was the one who posted and have since reduced my posting to once or twice a week just to keep my name there.  I look at the posts and you are right, there are some companies posting times a day.

I have have a large enough customer base I just use vistaprint and mail out monthly post cards.  This plus Google adwords and google local business it keeps me busy.

Though if the snow doesnt let up in Philadelphia I might go broke, just kidding but this endless snow and sub freezing weather is causing everyone to wait until spring. 
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 3:11pm
Looks like 15" hittin ya today jaymark! Confused I use Google adwords year round.
Maybe get a plow for your Van..LOL! Approve
puppup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2011 at 2:28pm
That is a great idea that I actually never really thought about when it comes to marketing my business! The only question I have, as someone that has surfed Craigslist quite a few times, how do you make yourself credible? Often I find myself on the site questioning if the listings are worth looking in to because there are so many scam posts on there. I wouldn't want that to make my business look bad amongst some of the fakes.
dmreed4311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmreed4311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2011 at 5:55pm
Craigs list is one area of marketing that I need to focus on. people seem to have good sucsess if it is done right. I tried it once but my add quickly sank out of sight with all the constant reposts.
Carpet cleaning brandon Fl
Carpet Doctor inc.
10903 Brucehaven Dr.
Riverview Fl 33578
813-988-7946
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>