Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New operation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:13pm

The best thing for restaurants is I can of gas and a match...

doug are you making fun of me....???

Sponsored Links

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:44am
Doug: it's spelt 'niche.'  There's no 't' OR 'b' in it.  (Sorry... force of habit.)

I've quoted on perhaps 20 bistro/resturant type places.  I've had FOUR accept my prices.  The rest?  Rude, indifferent, or just plain not interested.  It has been worth it for the four though.... dropped my $4.50 per sq metre down to $3 per, but with them moving all tables & chairs I've still made my hourly aim.  These were not the best places.  Usually they were Mom & Pop places that were sick of bad jobs.  Usually they were in out of the way areas.

Good luck-

Allen

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 12:39pm
Have not done restuarants for years. We set the price so high on them that most go elsewhere. If we get one at the price we charge, we can smile doing it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:17pm

Thanks for all your advise. I priced one the other day 2000 Sq feet @ .24 a foot, butr I know its going to be alot of work, but we have nothing but time now!!~

What about residential , I heard GTA was getting about .35, we might be able to get .22 -  .26 with a truck mount.

H8 DIRT
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 6:27pm

OCC Boss,

If you choose to get into commercial in any type of way you better become familiar with Bonnet or (OP) Oscillating Pad System. Most people will not pay to have large areas extract cleaned because of price. You could make more money at 10cents sq. ft. OP cleaning that 20cents sq. ft. extracting. Mainly because of less labour to pay. Search this forum and look into Bonnet or Pad Cleaning. It's what built the two largest carpet cleaning organizations. Most steam cleaners fight and knock this system. While others are going to the bank.

Keep an open mind.

Edited by Carpetologist
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 9:05pm
Thanks for the advice Ted. I got your e-mail the other day too about hose price etc.
H8 DIRT
danmarck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danmarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 1:11am
Ted, Could you send me some info on the OP system . This is completely
new to me.
Here to help you grow your business!
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 1:34am
Oscillating Pad is new to you, and you are in the USA? John has not been doing his homework well enough! lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12