Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Kool-aid is not cool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kool-aid is not cool
    Posted: 03/March/2004 at 3:51pm
I still can't get this stuff out.  Who's got the secret? 
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 6:54pm

There is no secret....some stuff just doesn't come out...lol

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 10:45pm

Hey Kool-Aid, just don't tell Mr. Steamer what I'm about to tell you, but before I do, please all you other action packed know it alls out there don't be telling me how wrong I am, how unprofessional I am, how I know nothing of what I say, and so on and so on. When I have a stain that just won't come out I use a product called Goof-Off. This crap smells like hell, gives you a headache if you smell it too much, you don't want to be putting alot of it on the stain. One or two drops let it soak, rub only if you have to, blotting is better and extract. If that doesn't work there's another product called scissors, keep that handy too and when the customer is not around clip a few fibres, that sh*t always works. Fast story.......I once had a customer with a burn the size of a dime on the living room carpet......she was having guests that evening and wanted it gone........after cleaning the carpet, I later returned when it was dry and clipped fibres from inside the hallway closet cut out the burnt fibres and crazy glued the new fibres in place of the burnt ones. Customer was aware of what was happening, I did it for free, I still clean  her carpets 2 times a year and the fibres never came out........this was 3 years ago

jack from Montreal       aka    NIGHTRIDER

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 6:00pm

Goof Off for kool-aid??

You have to be kidding.

This should be fairly simple heat transfer with an red dye remover.Call the operator of this board , Kleen Kuip for more info.

Edited by LeeS.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 11:48pm

you take one spot out you'll be a hero....she'll have ten more...you'll waste another hours or so...then they won't ever be as carefull...and they'll spill that crap everytime Cuz they know that you can get it out...it'll cost you a smalll fortune at Teds cuz you'll always need that stuff to get that stain out..

I'm a carpet cleaner...not a furniture mover...not a vac man...not a stain remover...I wash it and if it doesn't comeout to bad....

I always carry a spot bottle on myside with soap...and if that doesn't take it out...to bad....

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 1:50am

One thing that must be said for Mr. steamer....he's honest, tells us exactly how he feels,and what he does........he reminds me of an old train robber I once talked with, grab the money and run.......it's just that it's hard to make that second phone call 12 months later and tell her it's times to clean her carpet again, while she got out the stains with Goof-Off whereas you being a pro couldn't.

Jack       NIGHTRIDER

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 2:55pm

No I'm Professional...100% I'm clean...I keep the truck clean..I carry only clean towels...I always have 6 drop cloths in the truck for end to end coverage...I have driveway mat...I always carry an extra(NEW)pair of shoes...I'm shaven..I smell good..I'm like candy baby...you can't get enough...

If I say it ain't comin out they believe...I'm always in control(very important)

never let them see you sweat....If you all listen to me....I would have some competition out there...

Mr.Steamer Carpet Cleaner

kool-aid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 10:37pm

So which is better Goof off(what is Goof off?) or Red dye remover(what process, iron to towel?)

Where do you purchase Goof off?, How do you use it?

Thanks for responding.  What is the best for getting coffee out?

How about paint?

These have been the pain in the butts for me, I can't stand not getting everything out.  I just did a job 1000sq ft townhome, I made it look wonderful except two kool aid stains.  I got the rust, pop sickle, gum out, but not the red stuff.  It drives me nuts because I can see it in my customers eyes how badly they want it out, especially on a rental situation.

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by kool-aid kool-aid wrote:

I can't stand not getting everything out.  I just did a job 1000sq ft townhome, I made it look wonderful except two kool aid stains.  I got the rust, pop sickle, gum out, but not the red stuff.  It drives me nuts because I can see it in my customers eyes how badly they want it out

I know the feeling. The carpet looks great when I'm done...but those kool-aid stains stick out like a sore thumb.  

If I were a magician like Ted I could create the "illusion" that the stain had been removed.  

Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 10:56pm
You can try this stuff called Red Relief. It seems to work pretty good. Although it will not get every red stain out it will get most of them out. As for coffee stains....not really sure about that. I generally pre-treat with a degreaser and it comes right out. But I believe all of us have trouble with the dreaded red stain from time to time.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 10:58pm
But the carpet is clean guys!!!...we are cleaners not restorers....it's like bleach on blue jeans...there is no coming back
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 11:03pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

But the carpet is clean guys!!!...we are cleaners not restorers....it's like bleach on blue jeans...there is no coming back

I suddenly feel much better.

kool-aid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:47am

How do you explain it to the customer?  I've approached an apartment manager in order to do business with her.  She said her current provider is ok, and can get every stain out, including the red.  I just sat there dumb, wishing I could tell her with confidence I could too, but I know I cant.  That bleach stuff is easy to admit I can't get out, and I can explain, like the blue jean analogy, its not coming out.  When I don't get the red stain out, how can I explain it?

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:42pm

You tell the truth...never lie....don't tell her its comming out when it wont.....she'll call you on it.....Tell her you'll try your best to remove each and every stain...but maybe not everythings gonna come out.......

If she show you a specific stain...don't commit yourself....say"it's hard to tell until you get working with the carpet and the stains it may come out as well as it might not, but I'll try my very best to get all stains out"

If shes human she'll understand....while doing the call ...involve her...call her over show her the spot...go over it with her right there....mark all the stains, take her to each and everyone that you couldn't get out....at least this shows that you are aware of all the stains.....

If she gets nasty about it...and you know in your heart that it's a spot that will never come out I always say "I'll pay anyone that can get that stain out without wrecking the carpet"

Right there she'll know that you know what your talking about...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>