Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jandpcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool
    Posted: 30/December/2008 at 10:43pm
I am thinking about getting into tile cleaning. What is the best tool for that?
J&P Cleaning Services
www.jandpcleaning.webs.com
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2008 at 1:57am
with or without a truckmount?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/January/2009 at 1:03pm
Turbo, grout brush
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
jandpcleaning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jandpcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2009 at 10:38pm
I am using a portable machine.
J&P Cleaning Services
www.jandpcleaning.webs.com
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2009 at 11:44pm
You need higher PSI than you would get out of regular extractors.  Washing stones and grout under high pressure is an absolute requirement.

Check out the porty power and turbo hybrid wand at this link:
http://www.turbo-force.com/products.aspx

I think the nearest distributor to you is:
COBB CARPET SUPPLY
Phone Number: 214-634-2622
1314 VICEROY DRIVE
Dallas, TX  75247
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2009 at 11:48pm
Check out this post:

Originally posted by Mark McMaster Mark McMaster wrote:

My porty has a built in heater but with any porty with doing t&g cleaning, the heater won't keep up. There's too much water going through as the same as pressure washing. It's around $3.500 - %4,000 for the porty and then your tools. I usually run anywheres from 800 - 1,200 psi. Have to be careful that you don't blow out any grout. If you know how to do grout repairs it's not too bad.

Have a good one. Mark

DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2009 at 2:50pm
Can u use power washer. I do power washing every once in a while. I have a porty,floor machine/scruber, and a porty. Can I get into tile cleaning with this setup. My porty only has a 250psi,but power washer is 2500psi.
"DO YOUR BEST"
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2009 at 3:02pm
Just sign up for a class in your area on Tile & Grout (check with you local big carpet cleaning supply house for a schedule), pay the $250 or so for a class and learn what works and how to do it.  You will save yourself $thousands on repairs to customer's homes. 

No way to sugar coat it, taking shortcuts in learning the trade is a one way trip to dead man's curve with no brakes.

carpetlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2009 at 5:39am
I got a new way to wipe out all the stains on the tiles. Thank you very much for the reply of duckcountry especially. I'll go for that product very soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply