Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How much vacuum power do TMs really need?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much vacuum power do TMs really need?
    Posted: 10/September/2004 at 1:13pm

These days manufacturers are selling units with cfm outputs from 100 cfm or less(Banes, etc) all the way up to 850 cfms(Chemspec 860 , Vortexs etc). What do you you feel is enough power to do the job right, and if you think lots of power is better, how much are you prepared to pay to get such a unit? With our dollar strengthening again, more and more units are getting to be affordable again.

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:30pm
save yourself time and money just install a #6 blower.. much cheaper than a whole unit...  These things are way over priced ...for simple machines
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:45pm
There is only so much air than can travel threw one 21/2 inch hose.  After that the vac relief kicks in and than what?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:59pm
you set it high like 20 or 30 HG wowowow that carpet will dry in 10 mins...if theres any left
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:15pm

The hose is not where the main restriction lies. On 100 ft of hose, 2" vac hose can handle 500 cfm and even 1.5" hose can handle 280 cfm on 25 ft.

The wand without a glide can handle only 100 cfm or so. Thus the need to use glides. Pretty dumb to have a 800 cfm super sucker and only be able to use 100 cfm of that.Even 200 cfm if you are dual wanding is wasteful. 400 cfm from 2 wands with glides is much better.

Superglide Ken.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 11:48pm

depends on how many wands you run off the machine.

for a one man operation like myself a 45 blower will do the job just fine

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 8:22am
Ken:  Lets talk being 150 feet or more from the unit.  On two wands you can tel there is less restriction on the unit glides or not.Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 10:44am
That is true, Doug. With a 405 and 2 wands going from it, you will have much less restriction for sure. But at that distance(150 ft), 2 regular wands are still going to give yo less than 180 cfm between them when working on the carpet. There is more you can get with the use of a glide.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 9:23pm

You tend to move to fast with the glide... you won't clean the same... it'll be hard to go slow when the wand is zipping across the carpet.  I feel it will make the carpet more wet... and you might not enough dirt out because your moving to fast...

I like to feel the carpet... 

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 10:31pm
Mr. Steamer: You like to feel the carpet.  Being  bent over like a dog screwing a golf ball must be hard on your back while you are cleaning. Do you clean with a stair tool?  Or would that get you close enough?Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 12:55am
Steamer: I have news for you. In the begining when you first use a glide wand, you do clean faster. About 30 % or so. But your suction at the carpet is much greater due to almost doubling the cfms at the carpet. So you do not leave the carpet wetter and in most cases , the cleaning quality is improved. This is especially true with the new SSU glides we have out now. If you have a wand that will fit that glide, I am offering you a 30 day test drive of one, just to show you how wrong you are on that. You may have tested a first generation glide that was too slippery(Teflon) without alot of carpet feel, but they are not that way anymore. Just like new cars, the first year out there are a few problems to work out. My first year is up.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 2:36am
I have a cleanco wand.... how much??? I'll try anything once.... but if my reservices rise to 2% you'll have hell to pay
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 8:02am
Mr. Steamskie:  I thought you had a magic wand?? This will cut your cleaning to 8.5 minutes a jGuitarob.  You will be done by 10 o'clock each day. Than what?
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 10:03am

Mr Steamer: There are 2 types of Cleanco wands out there. The old 3 jet with the 10" width, and the newer 2 jet 12" wide models made by PMF. Which one do you have?

The rules for the 30 day trial are simple. I charge you no money up front. You e-mail me your shipping address and I send you out a glide that fits your wand from here. If you like what it does for you, you pay Ted for it at the end of the test period. Ted pays me for it. We are all happy.

If you think it is not for you, you return it to Ted's store, and owe nothing.

Deal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>