Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Part-Timer Looking to go Bigtime!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2004 at 9:29am
Welcome aboard, gmoney.  Love to hear what you've done before to success, and what you're going to try to bring it all into the bigtime.

cheers,

Allen

Sponsored Links

gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2004 at 10:30am

Well Ted and Superglide,

I wish I had a drimaster because then I honestly would not be looking into the glides because I would abandon my wand.  Tried out the dry master a few times and was amazed that it could clean in any direction (forward, back, side, to side, diagonal) with the pressure constantly on and still dry in less than an hour.  The amazing thing about that tool is that is does such an efficient job of picking up the water that a dry pass picks up nothing but a few drops.  And no I am not a spokesperson for the company; just appreciate its backsaving ease of operation and efficiency. 

Thanks for the welcome Allen.  I basically plan to focus on a few markets such as residential (immediate money) and small commercial properties (slow month and winter income). 

My marketing strategy right now is to work my warm market and get referrals from friends and friends of friends; do good work and expand from their.  I have also had some success over the past few months with flyers and small community newspaper ads.  I offer a money back guarantee and a slight percentage discount; this seems to draw them in.  I will admit you get your fair share of bargain hunters but I stick firm with my price and tell them what exceptional work I do.

There is a lot more I have in the works but I have to run to go make some MONEY!

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2004 at 11:03am

The Dri-Master (RDM) is a good tool for certain applications, and some people love it, but it is not a tool I would own. The reason for that is how it cleans the carpets. I have always believed that the first rule of cleaning is source removal. That means you get the dirt out of the carpet. Even though some on this board love products like" Hide" and encap machines, they go against this basic principal.

The RDM only cleans the tips of the carpet and leaves the soil further down at the base basicly intact. The water never gets there so you have very little flushing action happening where most of the soil is. The carpet drys fast because it is easy to extract water off the top of the carpet where the vacuum can get it. The glides I make do not operate this way. They allow lots of water to be used up to 500 psi and do flush the carpet back to dislodge alot of the soil back there. Not all, because nothing cleans that good, but a fair amount of it. And the carpet still can dry in the same or lessor time than the RDM takes. If you factor in the price difference betwween the 2 items and the better clean the glide provides, and the fact that a wand with a glide does not make you work harder than the RDM does, I believe the market needs way more glides than it needs RDMs. But that is just my opinion. The market will decide wether most people agree with that opinion.

So what do you do if you dont want to wand, even if the glides make it easy and fast? Get an RX-20 machine! It does clean deep and thoroughly and can better the cleaning results you can get with a wand. And now with the new skids and glides I have developed for it, you can get 1 hour drying with it too! Using all the pieces described on your machine, you can have it all; great cleaning, easy on the body, and fast drying all in one package. Like  Ted likes to tell you "work smarter, not harder".

With both a glide wand and a modified RX20 in your truck, you can do almost anything you need in the way of residential carpeting  in a manner that gives high customer satisfaction and makes you lots of bucks. Upsell on the protector for the icing on the cake, and you have it made.

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2004 at 11:14pm

Well Superglide I have to differ with you.  It seems like we are going to have a friendly jousting match here.  In my opinion, nothing gets out dirt from a carpet better than a pile lifter.  And I will be investing in one in about 2 weeks to use before I extract or bonnet clean or both.

I can't comment on your glides until I see them but I have used the drimaster at 500 psi with the pump always on (cleaning in any direction I please) and achieving drying times in less than one hour.  Very impressive.  There is no way 500 psi is not cleaning deep unless of course the uplift is not there and most of the water remains in the carpet (which is not the case with the drimaster).

In my opinion the drimaster is so efficient at picking up the water because of the amazingly tight seal it forms with the carpet.  The head is also designed in such a way as to cause a vacuum (cyclone effect) and draw water up into the vacuum slots.

Until they make a wand that is self powered and cleans in all directions you will not convince me that a glide makes a wand as easy and effortless to operate as a drimaster.

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2004 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by gmoney gmoney wrote:

If anyone knows of a carpet cleaning museum I just might donate it.

I believe the Carpetologist knows of atleast one. You may recall Nightriders Ram Van. Apparently a collector down in Florida wanted it for his cleaning museum.

You may recall this relic from the past in an earlier post. 

Definetely one for the museum.

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 1:11am

Well Gmoney, it looks like I will have to educate you on how the RDM really works. Before I do that point by point however, let me commend you on your decision to use a pile lifter as part of your cleaning program. You will deffinatly be way ahead of the 10% or so that use a vacuum and the other 89% that use none.

First off I want you to know what I tell you about equipment is done from a high degree of understanding about how things work.If I do not understand how something works, I take it apart until I do understand how it works. I studied engineering long before I got into cleaning carpet or selling stuff to carpet cleaners.I do not make self serving statements about products I make working better unless that is a fact. I have studied the RDM extensivly and do know how it works and what it can and can not do.

First off the RDM does not clean deep. It directs it's water horizontally without the use of jets in a sheet-like pattern along the bottom of the tool. This is called cleaning by side shear.No water is directed down into the carpet like an RX20 or a Rotovac or even a wand does. Because of that, only the tips of the carpet are cleaned, not the carpet base or backing. As mentioned earlier, that is where most of the soiling is. It is not possible to get it out of there without the flushing action of the water to act as a carrier and emulsifing agent.

You might wonder how the carpet can still look so clean if this machine does not deep clean it? That is easy to explain if you know how carpet is constructed. The mills design the fibers to hide dirt! Isn't that amazing? They do this by shaping the fibers in such a way that a carpet can have pounds of soil in it and not even show it. Remove soil from the surface or the tips of it, and you cannot see what you are leaving behind. To the eyes it still looks clean.

The main reason that there is so little watter left in the carpet is because of it only contacting the tips. Extracting water from the carpet tips is easy to do because the filiment used to construct the face fibers holds on to very little water.The water is drawn across the bottom of the machine on its way to the 3 vacuum ports that are placed there. The tips of the carpet fibers that go into the horizontal water stream get washed by the water then extracted by the vacuum slot that follows. Very little water is retained by the part of the fiber that was washed. Hence, the fast drying.

Conventional tools clean down to the carpet back, and take longer to dry because at least 80% of the water is held there. Because the vacuum from a machine is only effective extracting water when the vacuum is within a 1/4" of the lips of the machine, a fair amount gets left behind in the deep cleaning process and has to exit the carpet through evaporation.Evaporation then takes hours to do because the carpet has to wick the water out and evaporate it through the fiber tips. that is, the back dries first.

The RDM does NOT form a tight seal with the carpet, just like my glides do NOT form a tight seal with the carpet either to reach fast dry times. To do so would be self defeating. When too tight a seal is formed with the carpet, cfm goes down. Since it is air that carries away the water and soil from a carpet, you want more of it, not less. By forming a less than a tight seal, airflow is increased and more water is carried away, leaving the carpet drier.Increased lift helps, but not if it reduces airflow.

And lastly about your statement about the head designed to cause a cyclone effect; this is simply not true. The RDM is designed to pull the air across the carpet fibers in a laminar flow pattern. This has been shown to produce the greatest drying effect on the carpet tips and move the greatest volume of airflow. To do it any other way would not have produced the rapid drying results they were looking for.

Bottom line here is the machine does what they wanted it to do, which is dry carpet fast and produce a good appearance of the carpet to the residential customer. It was just done with some compromise on the degree of cleaning acheived is all. Some people will be happy accepting that compromise for the delivered results. I happen to be not one of them. The RX20 machine cleans much better(residential and commercial carpeting), and can deliver 1 hour dry times with the ZXR2 skids I developed for it. That is only about 15 minutes longer than the RDM takes on average. More importantly though, if you have an RX20 with my skids on it, you will be able to add the Power-Dri system to it next year when I bring it out. For those of you that don't know what that is, it will allow you to dry the carpet to meter dry in 5 to 10 minutes by attaching it to your Cleanco Truckmount. I currently get $1.00/sq ft for carpet that I clean this way here in Calgary. It will be coming to Toronto soon.

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 1:37pm

Well, does anyone else have any questions on this subject. I do realize that because of my technical background, some of my posts go right over some people's heads. But I do want you guys to understand the concepts being explained here. I will go through any area of air flow theory you are not clear on.

Superglide Ken

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by gmoney gmoney wrote:

Thanks for the welcome Mr Steamer.  You always entertain me with your posts and I have even learned a bit from you by reading between the lines. 

My first question for you and anyone else on the forum is: what your take on the superglides?  Do you use them and if you have you noticed any improvement in terms of effort and drying times.

Not that I don't believe you Superglide; I would just like to get a cross section of feedback from those in the field who have used or are presently using it. 

haven't tried a superglide.... but some times on heavy carpet I wish I had some teflon help
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:37pm

Mr. Steamerski:  Don't you mean vasaline?Guitar

Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:02pm

no I typed Teflon.... doug is a dirty little man

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:09pm
Mr Steamer. What kind of wand do you use?
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 11:57am

Well, well, well,

Ken it is time for me to be more direct.  I will give you credit as a resourceful salesman that always has an axe to grind and embellishes to the 'nth' degree.  I have been doing a little research myself and it is a known fact that you use posts and carpet cleaners' forums to market your current or up and coming 'inventions'.  A word of advice, be careful what you claim is your 'invention'.  There is no shame in taking a concept and trying to improve on it; Microsoft did it with the Windows Explorer browser. 

You have a fairly good understanding of the technology in the industry but lose the power of your arguement with your outrageous claims.  Cut the bull.  Honesty is the best way to go (most of the time).  I have been in many sales jobs myself and we all have stretched the truth a bit; the customer expects that. 

You know as well as I do that nothing will remove more dry dirt from the base of the carpet than a pile lifter.  If this step is performed, blasting the carpet backing at 500 psi and trying to now pull up more of the dry dirt is a exercise in futility.  At this stage extraction of dissolved soils (with the help of a pre spray and dwell time) in the carpet is the main goal of a carpet cleaning technician.  This can be achieved by a variety of methods; not only steam.  Steam gives the  best rinse but not necessarily the best appearance.  That is why many of us like Mr. Steamer when doing restaurants for instance will bonnet and steam.  I have tried and I'm really amazed and impressed by OP cleaning in a variety of situations.  But that is another discussion altogether.

Drimaster does shoot out the water in a sheet but this does not imply that it is not pentrating the surface.  Try throwing a sheet of water on the carpet at 500 psi with 360 passes per minute and feel for yourself if only the "tips" of the carpet are wet.  Do you know how close the solution slots are to the carpet?  They are almost touching the carpet.  500 psi from that close is not just wetting the 'tips'; impossible.

When trying to dry carpet there is a delicate balance between forming a tight seal and allowing space for air flow which in turn aids in suction.  The Drimaster DOES form a tight seal (not to the point of restricting air flow). We all know what happens you angle your wand wrong and do not get a tight seal; you get less suction.  Maybe we should all angle our wands 45 degrees when cleaning carpets to allow air and thus sacrificing a tight seal. 

My whole point about liking the drimaster was that it is easier on the body and is CONSTANTLY CLEANING.  I also like it because it hits the carpet fibre from all directions due to its rotation.   A wand cannot achieve this.  At no point did I want to get into a head to head which would allow you to find another way to plug your glides and their amazing drying time (supposedly).  If the material you use is slippery enough and durable then the ease of moving the wand back and forth will be a welcome benefit to some.  I will not argue with you on that issue. 

My understanding was that you sold your 'thriving' carpet cleaning business.  Now I read in one post that you are getting 50cents/square foot and now in this post it has doubled to $1.00/square foot; which is it?  Enquiring minds want to know!

Ken, I know you are trying to make a buck just like the rest of us and I admire your perseverance.  The best form of advertising for you and your products would be for many of your customers to come forth and say they have achieved 1 hr drying times using steam with your glide.  Have not seen it happen on any of the forums.  Another word of advice,  why don't you focus on the reduced labour needed to operate the glide and that improved drying over a regular wand is achieved.

Waiting to hear your next infomercial response.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2004 at 2:41pm

You mean you were not being direct with me before , Gmoney?

Well Gmoney, you will not get any information from me here that is not of a factual nature, because that would be counter-productive to the points I am trying to make.So what is an outragious claim that you think I am making? I will give you that the style I write in sometimes(mostly) is definatly that of a salesman, but there is nothing wrong with that as long as it is based on the facts. You say stop the bull; I say prove one thing that I have written on this board that is not the truth! You have on the other hand said a few things that are not true, and are most likely based on ignorance of the facts that I shall be happy to explain to set the facts straight.Some  of these things are not germain to the discussion at hand, but since they touch on my credibility as a  spokesman here, I will cover them anyway.

First, regarding inventions. There is very little that is absolutly new. Most inventions are but refinements of all that has gone before. I did not invent glides for wands; PMF did that. But I refined the shape of glides to make the Superglide. The Superglide is superior to the flat glide because of that shape. The rounded bottom puts the vacuum slot closer to the carpet back where the water lays, thus removing more of it and allowing faster drying. The round shape also prevents the glide from locking down on the carpet like the flat glides do. Those 2 characteristics make the device very worthwhile. I did not invent the rotary air duct cleaning system either. Roto-Brush had a cable driven model long before I started selling my system in the US marketplace in 1999. Cleanco was selling a non rotary system before that as well. But it is a fact that most observers today say I improved on both those systems, and offer a more economical system for carpet cleaners to use in the process. Nothing wrong with that either.

I never said a pile lifter was not the most efficient tool for getting dry soil out of a carpet did I? That is true, but all soil in a capet is NOT dry. Even if it were all dry, you should know that over 99% of all cleaners will never use one. Heck, some industry studies say that over 90% of all carpet cleaners never use a vacuum cleaner on the job, so there is not much hope for pile lifters!Industry figures place the average dry soil component at 79% of what is there. The remaining 21% is classifed as OILY soils. Being a Newbie to the biz, you might not have known that. Oily soils bind to the face fibers of the carpet and are not easily removed by even a pile lifter.They also hold a fair amount of the dry soil too by binding to the fibers so that over time, less and less of the overall soil load in the carpet becomes removeable by the homeowners vacuum. Thus the appearance degrads over time. That is why we cleaners have jobs in this industry. I would not want it any other way, would you? They must be emulsified by preconditioners to get them out. That is also why we have dwell times. It is also the reason that you need to use water to the carpets back, not just its tips, because after the preconditioner is applied and allowed 15 minutes to dwell, alot of it goes to the back. Gravity is a bitch sometimes.

Drimaster does not shoot water at 500 psi or anything like that pressure. There is a pressure reduction built into it just like the Hydroforce sprayer has, to bring the pressure down. You can prove this to yourself by connecting either 200 psi pressure to it or a hydroforce and measuring the water consumtion used.Use a graduated bucket to do this. Do the same with either of these at 500 psi and measure consumption. The 2 volumes will be very simular. If there was no restriction built in, the 500 psi pressure would have provided almost double the water of the 200 psi pressure. That is why your statement that the RDM must be getting the carpet back wet rings false. At 500 PSI that would be true, but not if the effective pressure were only half that on low volume, which it is.

Nobody said that there is not a delecate balance between seal and airflow. There is. Our glides deliver that balance automatically by virtue of their shape. Regular wands do not. Because of the thin metal lips on them, the surface area they rest on deliver high lift when they lock down to the carpet, but little airflow. For the most effective cleaning you need a balance of both under working conditions.Measured in inches of water lift the lift number should be close to the cfm number. But that is not what happens on a regular wand and TM. Commonly you will see 100 cfm airflow with close to 200"WL, a 1:2 ratio.  With portables it gets even worse. Most portables produce only about 30 cfm on the carpet at 150"WL! that is a 1:5 ratio.The glides correct that on the TM, bringing cfms up to meet the lift figure so that they are much closer to the 1:1 ratio you are looking for. The ratio will not get that good on a portable machine ,but will be better than the 1:5, with the glide on it.

The situation with the RDM in this sense is just the opposite on the steel wand. The RDM has so much surface area resting on the carpet, that it can not form as tight a seal to the carpet as either the regular wand or a glide wand. It is simple . The weight of the machine divided by the surface area resting on the carpet gives a value of only about 1 lb /sq inch, vs the 2 lb per square inch the glide wand has or the 5 to 10 lb per inch that regular wands have.5 to 10 lbs per inch restricts airflow, 1 lb per inch lowers lift too much, IMO.Like the 3 bears and the oatmeal, it is good to get it just right. 2 lbs per inch allows both good lift and good airflow. 1 pound per sq inch does NOT form a tight seal. Tight enough to clean perhaps, but much more effective for producing high cfms. Point made.

The above not withstanding, many cleaners like the machine, and I have never argued that point with anyone. Only thing I said here is that I am not one of them. It has nothing to do with the fact that I make glides that essentially compete with it. Because of the cost difference alone, I would buy the glide over this machine even if they were made by anyone else besides me. But I do realize there is a market out there for both cause some people just plain want a powered machine that can do what the RDM can do. That is fine with me. I know that my glides will get their share of the market too, and because more than 80% of cleaners use wands exclusively, that will still be alot of sales.

Regarding my carpet cleaning business(s). The problem with reading info from a post here and a post there, is you do not get the whole picture unless you read them all. That is the case here. Aqua-Jet Carpet Cleaning was sold last August to my 3 nephews. It was in business for 23 years in total(1980 to 2003). At that point in time, it was primarily a WD business doing over 60%of its biz from that source.3 trucks went with the sale.They took all the WD business and most of the carpet cleaning customers I did not want. I also have a higher end carpet cleaning company(Calgary's highest priced cleaner), Caremor Carpet Care that has been running as long. Since I needed a TM to keep testing products, and have some customers that pay me very well for over 20 years now, I kept that one, and rolled the customers I kept from Aqua-Jet into that company. In Caremor we charge .50/sq ft for regular furnished cleaning.This is done with a Superglide wand and delivers about 1 hr dry times.In fact we advertise that 1 hr dry time, and use it as our USP. Nobody else useing HWE can offer the same service in this city. If the customer wants protector, the rate goes up to .75 per ft. But we also offer the POWER-DRI for any room for an additional .25 per ft. That brings the rate up to $1.00/sq ft. Most people that get it, only get the LDH or perhaps the Family room done this way. Only people that get a whole house done this way is people needing to move in and cant wait for the carpet to dry. You know the type; moving van waiting out front when you get there.For those that want scotchgard on the carpet before they move in, this is the only way to both dry and cure it in only 10 minutes per room so that they can have it. I use the POWER-DRI in basement  WD too, like broken water heaters or washing machine hoses, where the source is clean water and am able to dry the carpet and pad totally in under an hour. This is where the greatest use will be in future IMO.

Well, I hope this clears up a few points for you Gmoney. I must say that you do sound like the most knowledgeable Newbie that I have ever corresponded with on the boards the last 3 years I have been doing this.That covers thousands of posts BTW.I really don't mind you asking questions about anything you are not sure of, but do not call me a liar about what I post here unless you come here with more than opinions, and have actual facts to back it up. Cause I have plenty, and will use them on anybody that says otherwise.

Regards and Best Wishs in your Full-Time career,whatever that is. Because I don't think for a minute that you are really a newbie. I have talked to industry vetrans for too many years not to recognize one when I debate one, either in person or on the boards. But writing under a name that is not your own and not filling out a profile gives one that luxury doesn't it?I do have a good idea who you are though, but for now will keep that opinion to myself. Unlike you, I wont say what I think unless I am fairly positive of my facts. lol

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 12:46pm

Ken I have to say I admire your spunk.  Thanks for your latest infomercial by the way!  Before I get all hot headed let  me say that my only goal in continuing this dialogue with you is to bring out the FACTS and make this board as productive and educational as possible.  And a little debating never hurt anyone; much safer than weapons of mass destruction! An expert I am not and that is why I am on this board; to learn as much as I can. 

The one that has to do the proving is YOU not me.  I told you to have your current clients speak up in your defense regarding the drying times of all your innovations.  This I have not seen still.  Toot your own horn as much as you want but SHOW me and I'll be satisfied.  Why don't you send a glide down to Ted this week and I'll invite those from the board in the GTA and local media to witness it going head to head with a drimaster.  That would make me a believer since you already said it can achieve faster drying times.  

You should also be a millionaire already if you can dry a carpet in 10 minutes and and a water logged underpadding in 1 hr.  And if you are not, then we should talk about your marketing strategy and funding structure.  Their should be feature stories on you and your 'innovations' in the local newspaper, industry publications and the like.  I could go on and on, but I digress. Sorry, that is the salesman talking again.  

Now lets clarify my identity.  You know what they say   Their are a couple of people that you might thnk I am because of your interaction with them on other boards but I assure you are wrong.  I live in Toronto and buy chemicals off of Ted at Kleen Kuip and talk with him often.  In fact, if you read one of my previoius posts refering to an ancient Clarke machine, it was purchased from Ted about 15 years ago. 

This brings me to my next point.  I am a newbie on the board (the first I became part of) but not in this industry.  My IICRC certications have been acquired through Ted and Chemspec. 

And stop ignoring what I saying.  I was the one that said their is no shame in attempting to improve on an innovation because Microsoft did it with their Internet Explorer.

And I was the one that said I was going to be using a pile lifter to remove the dry dirt and then a pre spray to loosen the soils that are adhering to the carpet fibre prior to extraction, bonneting or padding.  This is my method, I do not care if most carpet cleaners don't do it.  So don't try and reword what I just said claim it as your own.  I'm starting to see a pattern here Ken!

Now lets get technical.  You cannot be over technical with me Ken so give me your best shot.  Since you are vocal about your mechanical egineering background I will tell you mine. I have a degree in the sciences from university and I'm well schooled in physics (one of my favourite subjects).

Let me school you on water consumption and PSI.  Doubling the PSI does NOT double your flow rate.  There is a slight increase but it is not directly proportional.  Enough said. 

I'll contact hydramaster and see if your claims of built in pressure reduction are valid.  So you are telling me that if I was to dial up 500 psi on the drimaster it automatically cuts my psi half!  Like I said I will call the manufacturer and get back to you on that one.

Now I think I need to explain to you a little bit about seal and lbs/square inch.  Two of the main variables that seal is dependent upon is the amount of surface area in contact with surface in question and the amount of force (lbs/square inch) exerted upon that surface.  The weight of the drimaster coupled with the amount of surface area (validated by you I might say) in contact with the carpet ensures a tight seal.  Like I said before you need a delicate balance of seal and lift.  You also support my argument because despite all of the drimaster's shortcomings (seal, airflow etc)  it still outperforms a wand and wand plus glide.  And I repeat again, this is with the trigger being pressed constantly.  Which proves your theory on cfm:lbs/sq inch ratio incorrect.  Time to go back to the drawing board Ken.  When you get it right I will be the first one to applaud you.

You need to pick your battles more selectively.  Once you heard me mention drimaster in my previous post you were all over that like flies to -----!  Why?  Oh yeah, informercial time. 

Then you thought your technical talk would impress me and the others on this board.  Like I said before, you are knowldgeable and your knowledge is an asset to our industry.  But I will speak up when I feel you are not giving the other board members 'the straight goods'.   

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>