Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Any Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Advice
    Posted: 02/November/2008 at 4:34pm
Just hoping maybe some of you who started your business from scratch could give me some pointers.

I finished my website and have it up online now and I have submitted it to all the major search engines. I've made websites before and have been lucky with the way I use meta and description tags to rank high in search engines, but with carpet cleaning my site has to compete against a lot of local directories that list carpet cleaners so I'm not expecting to rank high, especially for awhile. I did some google adsense ads but so far nobody has clicked on them, which kind of surprised me. Posted an ad on Craigslist as well.

Today I drove around and left about 100 fliers in an upscale development near where I live and I plan on posting  fliers at some of the local stores with bulletin boards tomorrow after I drop off more fliers. I was thinking of leaving some information for apartment complexes, funeral homes, and property managers too.

Anyone else have any other advice to help me get started from scratch in terms of advertising?
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2008 at 12:03am
In 25 words or less ....

Tell us why we should even have our  carpets professionally cleaned and what makes your service better than the other guys.

It is not advertising but marketing you need to learn about.  Positioning your product or service into its niche and then effectively working at that niche.  Did you do any research into what the potential customer is looking for?

Describe who your target customer is.  Then look into what your target spends money buying, what services the customer employs, where you customer spends leisure time.  I take it your customer is not shopping primarily at Walmart, is not a do-it-yourselfer and does not make the TV and computer the focal point of their free time.

Get into the head of your customer, shape your business to fit the mold needed and then find a way to present your message in such a way that the prospect will remember you.

And those directories you are not in yet - see how many links in the search engines are links to the listings in those directories.  Now you know a bit more about getting on the first page of google or yahoo or msn or whatever!

Your business is MARKETING a carpet cleaning service, not cleaning carpets.  You can have a business or a job, depends on how you WORK it.

Nuff said.

luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2008 at 8:29am
Thanks, Duckcountry. 
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2008 at 11:08am

I think it is a good concept to market your business with a mix of common marketing (flyers) and online marketing.

On many search engines it takes some time to rank well with a new website and a new domain. Older domains are usually ranked much higher.

shaoqingan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaoqingan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2009 at 5:35pm
Do it and continue
I think you are marching to the right direction. No specific marketing method is always the best, you try each method and continue for a long time, then you will see the result. People some time they do not choose you NOT because they have not seen your attactive ad, but because they have not seen it long enough.
Andy, Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning, www.havehouse.com
Andy
Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning
www.havehouse.com
 Post Reply Post Reply