Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

The Dollar Dive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ol' Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dollar Dive
    Posted: 28/October/2008 at 4:01pm
I just bought some software and an electric heater from down south. On Sept 23, 341.95 US converted to 363.23 Canadian. On September 30 th, 595.34 US became $648.52. If I bought theses things today it would convert to  442.59 for the software and 770.55 for the heater. I guess my bucks are gonna have to stay here now. 
Sponsored Links

luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2008 at 4:08pm
I know what you mean. For the longest time it was a bargain for people from the US to go to Canada to buy stuff because the dollar went further. About 7 years ago we went to Toronto frequently and the bellmen at the hotel would be happy if we tipped them in dollars. A few months ago I doubt they would have appreciated us tipping them in dollars since the Canadian Dollar was worth more.

As I said before I have two other businesses that are seasonal (winter) and over the summer when it's normally dead, I've had a HUGE influx of orders from people in Canada and the UK because their money went farther here in the US. Over the last few weeks that died down in a hurry!

Edited by luvsnow - 28/October/2008 at 4:11pm
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 12:16am
Well Willy, I have more bad news for you. I expect the Canadian dollar to be down to .62 cents US by this Winter, so it is going to get a whole lot more expensive buying product and produce from the USA in the next little while.

I expect it will turn around when oil tops $100 again by spring next year.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Well Willy, I have more bad news for you. I expect the Canadian dollar to be down to .62 cents US by this Winter, so it is going to get a whole lot more expensive buying product and produce from the USA in the next little while.

Better save this one. I guess we should buy USD now and cash out at .62. More great investing advice from KennyWacko

The STD Meter
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 12:48am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Better save this one. I guess we should buy USD now and cash out at .62. More great investing advice from KennyWacko

You sure better save it. He already said that oil would be $100 in November. Now he's saying by spring. I better go save that before he changes it.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 29/October/2008 at 2:27am
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 3:45pm
No contradiction here.

As winter comes(in November here in Canada and the northern states)oil usage goes up. This will cause oil to rise to near $100 by the end of November. It stays up there to about the end of February when oil for heating declines. It falls under $100 from March until the end of April in the low demand part of the year. Towards the end of April to Memorial day the price goes up to over $100 again and keeps on rising to near $150/barrel by July 4th.

Better save this so you know who told it to you first.

To get the exact timing as this plays out and to make money from it, you will need my PAID advice.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 29/October/2008 at 3:51pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 3:48pm
Banana%20Dance
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 6:57pm
Gloom despare and agony on me
Deep down depression excessive misery
What's next???Guitar
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 7:16pm
Would somebody stick some needles in my eyes!

It would be less painful.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2008 at 8:06pm
So does this mean you two aren't buying Kenny's advice????LOL

The STD Meter
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2008 at 12:57am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

So does this mean you two aren't buying Kenny's advice????LOL

Gee I hope not. I was counting on lots from this board taking my paid investment service, eh?
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2008 at 1:42am

Gee I hope not. I was counting on lots from this board taking my paid investment service, eh?

As usual, you "counted" wrong.  DeadLOL
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2008 at 8:32am
What credentials as a Investment adviser do you have..? What does your portfolio look like..?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2008 at 12:34pm
it is the Alfred E. Newman book of success????
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>