Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Shower/tub enclosure grout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevadaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower/tub enclosure grout
    Posted: 16/September/2008 at 1:47am

While cleaning carpet last week the owner of this home asked if I knew why the  grout in her bathroom tub enclosure, which is white, turns lite tan when it gets wet and she wanted to know if I could do something to stop it because she hates it.  I know that this is typical of most grout but is this always the case?  It's a typical white tub enclosure with 4 inch white ceramic tile and white grout.  Thanks for any input.

Hello...is this thing on?
Sponsored Links

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2008 at 10:06am
This is very common Nevada. 99% of the time the grout is unsanded so you shouldn't really colour seal it. Regrout it with sanded grout and then you could colour seal it any colour she wants and it would not change colour when wet. I'd charge a pretty penny for doing it tho. Other than that, I don't know, maybe try a clear sealer in a small area as a sample and see if that works.

Good luck. Mark
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
Nevadaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevadaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2008 at 5:51pm
  I kind of figured so much but wasn't sure.  This is exactly what I'll tell her and I'll recommend a good tile and grout pro if she wants it done.  Thanks alot for the reply.
Hello...is this thing on?
 Post Reply Post Reply