Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

idea-good or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: idea-good or not
    Posted: 22/August/2008 at 12:33pm
found a source for some yard signs that would state" another cleaning job done by " My Company Name" and phone number, maybe call for free estimate. Leave this in customers yard a few days after each cleaning. What do you guys think about this. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kelly Hilliard
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2008 at 12:41pm
If it works for roofers, painters and other contractors, why not give it a shotBig%20smile

The STD Meter
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2008 at 4:43pm
Kelly,
Sounds like a good idea.............make sure you get the permission of your customer and be on time to pick your sign up............people can get very impatient and may rip your sign out of their lawn and through it away.......especially when your cleaning job didn't look as great in a few days like it did a few hours after you did the job.  Wow that was a mouth full. Tongue  Good Luck!!
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2008 at 3:37am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

If it works for roofers, painters and other contractors, why not give it a shotBig%20smile

Pool contractors in SoCal do the same.  But we clean and leave in a couple of hours, those guys are what - a couple of days, weeks, months?

The reason many enjoy having signs in the yard has nothing to do with advertising the nice man's business; it has much to do with saying "hey! look at me....my house is better than yours now - my sh*t don't stink anymore!!" - human nature of keeping up with the Joneses.

Advertising the fact that you just had your carpets cleaned is saying "hey, look at me who does such a lousy job of housekeeping that I had to get my carpet cleaned and sanitized" which amounts to putting a quarantine sign on the house.  Expect to be met with resistance but do share the results.  Not saying it won't work, just try stepping into the psyche of the customer for a moment and see things from their perspective, not from yours.

If I take my clothes to the dry cleaners, do I want a patch sewed onto my garments advertising his service? 

Now, if you sold them beautiful new carpet, that is a renovation worthy of their neighborhood's admiration and something they want to advertise to say "I have the money, I am successful, I am worthy of your admiration, I am to be looked up to".  But cleaning their old carpet, that would equate to my dentist putting a sign on my teeth saying "These teeth made new and fresh by Dr. Dave Schmidt, DDS - 555-1212".  With or without my permission, that is a line no pro would cross.  And if we are doctors of Carpetology we won't either.

Not attacking cmaster who I respect, just referencing his quote because I could see where he was going with the analogy and wanted to use it as a lead in to the SoCal swimming pool craze.

Edited by duckcountry - 23/August/2008 at 4:03am
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2008 at 8:42pm

Also most of those deal with external work that can be seen from the road. I was wondering about this myself so I was looking around and feel that it wouldnt be worth the effort.

I worked in real estate for 2 years and even those signs didnt help get business.

Let me know if it works for you. I am up for new ideas.
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
 Post Reply Post Reply