Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truckmount Purchase Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truckmount Purchase Need Help
    Posted: 13/August/2004 at 12:10am

Have about 10 grand. As of now have a portable with no heater. I do not want to purchase something with thousands of hours not to mention someone elses problems.

I have seen the Panther line and Symphony line on the Steambrite.com and a third from  Carpet Cleaning Services Supply  that has one that uses propane. All of these use Kholer Engines 18Hp. They are all almost identicle. I am told these are simple and cheap as far as maintenance.

What does anyone think of these I plan on doing residential as welll as commercial. I am steering towards the propane but I am afraid of the possibility of it blowing up.

Can these do the job. Appreciate any input. Help!!

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 8:32am
77748:  Keep in mind when buying this tm of your future needs.  If you are getting into commerical will it be enough and have hose capabilites for all those long runs.  Not all used tms are junk.  Also keep in mind the amount of hrs you put on this unit a year.  Buying a tm just ot say you have one is not a good investment.  Investigate, investigate. After all it is your hard earned money.  Ted has a Cleanco unit with very low hrs.  Drive a hard bargain, check financing.  But don't buy just for the saek of saying I have a truckmount.  This probably won't help but I made that mistake many years ago.Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2004 at 2:16am

I am now thinking about a Cleanco since I have a dealer nearby and he is asking 15k installed for the Cleanco Charger 2 to go into a Chevy 2000 Astro V6.   I am looking for a used possible prior model Cleanco Charger to save money. Any feedback on Cleanco or a used one out there. Thanks for all your great feedback. This is a great site.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2004 at 6:26am
77748: I am sure the extra you spend know will come back big time in the end.Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2004 at 11:54pm

I HAVE A CLEANCO DEALER 5 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE ! HE ALSO SERVICES STEAM GENIE AND HE IS TELLING ME THE STEAM GENIE SIZZLER IS A GOOD ONE KEEPING IN MIND IT IS 6 YEARS OLD WITH 1500 HOURS FOR 8500 IS THIS A GOOD DEAL. THANKS

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2004 at 11:57am

If you look on my website at the Spitfire 3.2 in the blue van you could purchase this for approx. $5,500.00 U.S. dollars. Cost of freight would be approx. $500.00 or less. This unit works well and has only 1200 Hours.

To get full particulars on this type of unit call Hydramaster at 1-800-426-1301.

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2004 at 2:31am

I was looking at thar particular model and it appears to look much smaller than the cleanco charger 2 and the steam genie and the dealer in my area which is approx 5 minutes away versus the hydramaster is 1 1/2 hours away not to mention my cleanco dealer shook his head on that model.  The thing is I see so many truckmounts but it is the service and parts accesibility that is the key. the Steam genie  sizzler looked old and it is getting at the point if it is a cleanco charger 2 it is 15000 installed.That is whole lotta carpet cleaning but with my portable with no heater which is the Galaxy Brand and bonnet cleaning is too much sweating I have never sweated so much in my life especially with stairs with my mini 1 horsepower portable. This is one of my reasins to go truckmount not to mention commercial and I do have a Rotovac .           ;           ;           ;         And something about if I purchase one of these truckmounts on the net to make sure you are getting all the parts to it and the shaft or something could be different due to the fact of what type of van it is going into as mine will be a V6 4.3 liter 2000 Chevy astro van. Thanks

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2004 at 9:10pm
I am confused when you say shafts.  Are you buying a slide in or a cd unit?  With a mioni van your options are limited.  don't be folled when you as a distributer about another tm unit naturally he is going to shake his head.  What do you think he going to do encourage you to buy from someone else????????????????????Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2004 at 10:15pm

Yeah come think of it you are absolutely right. Well something actually came through as far as a slide in Cleanco Charger 1 with 40 hours for 8500 comes with reel 200 ft hoses a Cleanco shelf my understanding all but autopumpout and a freshwater tank. Approx 1000 to install in my Chevy Astro 2000. As far as the weight do I install better shocks or lift blocks or what? I appreciate Doug and the Carpetologist for all your support  any anyone else who gave there valuable opinions on this as well respected. Thanks!

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2004 at 12:12pm
Shocks anf lift blocks are not going to cut it.  For extra weight on the front you may need larged coils in the rear extras leaf springs will help out.  You must remember you are going excee the GVW of this van.  Be prepared to replace brakes, ball joints and stearing parts more often.  As far as a fresh water tank  I would consider an on board water softener we have one in each truck. Water is not light 100 gallons 100o lbs. If you are putting 200 ft. of hoses that is not going to leave you much room.  Just food for thought we use 1 ton GMC extended vans, but we have slide in units.  Don't go to all the trouble to install this in a light van only to find you need a heavier duty van.  Just food for thought.Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2004 at 11:42pm

Ok, so as far as the rear you say larged coils and extra leaf springs as well as stronger shocks. What about the front keeping in mind I will not be using a fresh water tank. Secondly do you still recommend a water softner. What are the benefits of that. This is a Chevy Astro 2000 V6 4.3

Thanks!

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2004 at 8:26am
The coil springs are on the front.  I mention this because I used too light  a van once I forgot the mention front tires don't last long either.  I also had a problem with universal joints too.  As far as the water softener.  It's a must if your unit heats with heat exchangers.  I don't know how hard the water is in your area but hard water is a killer when using heat exchangers.  You will find yourself spending more time descaling than working.  Plus soft water really enhanses your cleaning.Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2004 at 11:30am

Coil springs on this Van are in the front as well as the rear. You are recommending to change all 4 right. Because on each corner of this van there is a coil spring with a shock inside it.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2004 at 11:45am
The fron coil springs.  I thought the Astro had leaf springs on the rear.  You should take the van to a spring shop for a reccommendation on changes necessary for you load capasity. maybe the van is already ok depending on the weight of the machine and attachments you are planing to carry.  You need to check the GVW and fighre out how much all your contents are going to weigh.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>