Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Beware of Comcast Business Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware of Comcast Business Service
    Posted: 19/June/2008 at 2:50pm
Changed from Qwest to Comcast in May last year after being told by a comcast rep that they did business phone service.  I learned in July that they were not doing business phone service yet and that I was no longer a business phone listing.  I was switched to a residential service at $20 per month as an additional house phone line.

Along came November.  Finally they had business phone service at concast.  I switched over, got a new cable phone box, got the business internet with the deal and was told the phone companies would be updated right away.

Here we are in June.  Phone calls slowed to a complete halt.  Why?  New phonebooks are out.  In fact, publishers phone books are out and guess who has only a white page listing and that being with his wife's name and the business phone number?  Yep, me.  Dex says they were never updated by concast.  Same goes for the others.  Of course concast is trying to say they made the information available and none of the phone companies acted upon it.  Also, no 411 listing. 

Let's see.  I'm ok - it is the rest of the world that is wrong?  Yeah concast, we ALL buy that.

So, this is escalated to vice presidents etc at concast because I made it clear I am going to sue.  I know of one unrelated business that had the same thing happen to them.  They went out of business over it.  Now, they are considering a lawsuit because of my actions.  Proof this is not an isolated incident, coNcast proves it has no idea how to provide the total package. 

Bottom line, cable companies do one thing right, cable tv.  They are ME-TOOs when it comes to business services.  The only business they know how to serve is their own.  My websites and flyers now proudly carry the explanation of why we aren't listed and will do so until hell freezes over.  Comcast has been told nothing will keep us from warning others.  And I call on businesses, not consumers. 

Avoid cable business phone service no matter what the offer sounds like.  You may be getting less than you expected and certainly more than you bargained for.

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2008 at 1:30am
duck ... I thought I was the only one with this bad luck. I also switched to the local cable company. 1 home line and 1 business line. the phone book they publish in is called the gold book. they assured me I would be in there this year. guess what.... nothing in the yellow business pages and my name(not business name) in the white pages with my business phone # beside it. No listing for my home phone. go figure. 
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2008 at 1:44am
watchman, which cable company used you as a class project?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 12:34am

an outfit called SOURCE CABLE in hamilton on.

watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 12:39am
Anyone on this cleaning forum from the Brantford Ontario area. Just sold my house in Hamilton and bought another in Brantford . Will be moving the business up there in august.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2008 at 9:31pm
Comcast is paying me $2000 for their f/u.  Not that I got any business from the yellow pages but I did like being found on a 411 and you know, sometimes it is just the principle of the thing.  
 Post Reply Post Reply