Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Kelly in need of advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kelly in need of advice
    Posted: 18/June/2008 at 10:41pm
Hello, I am Kelly from texas. Just getting started in cc. HAve been in the janitorial supply business for15 years. Also have cleaned carpet in all of my rent houses for a few years now. That is my experience. I know I have tons to learn and would appreciate any advice from any of you pros. I will be using portables and offering carpet, t&G, upholstery, etc. Can you offer advice on pricing (residential & commercial-by room or sf.), advertising, equipment, chemicals, customer service tips, spotting tips, or anything else you see fit. Thanks so much and I will return the favor to others just starting out when I feel like I have something valuable to offer.
Kelly Hilliard
Sponsored Links

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 12:51am
Welcome aboard Kelly! Clapper

If you haven't already, be sure to head over to the Marketing and Promotion Discussion.

Cheers! Cheers

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 7:27am
Hi Kelly and good luck on your new biz.. hey I can tellya price will depend on your location.. Call your comp and feel them out on prices and theres a ton of stuff if you look around  your ?  will be answers  and you;ll have fun doing it..Big%20smile

Now if your PC loads slow then it wont be so much fun sitting there waiting for the page to come up..lol Thats why i went core2duo.. 512MB graphics card.. 4098MB memory (4GB).. Banana%20Dance

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 9:23am
Why not C2Quad???Big%20smile

The STD Meter
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Thats why i went core2duo.. 512MB graphics card.. 4098MB memory (4GB).. Banana%20Dance

Are you a gamer John?
I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 5:10pm
Maybe he likes to go fast...

C2Quad 6600
4GB OCZ Platinum
Nvidia 8800GT 512MB

I never gameBig%20smile

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 8:10pm
No shame in my game.. Not a hard core gamer.. Why didnt i go quad.. what for? Cost alot more.. The other 2 cores are rarely used.. Unless your quad tasking.. Looked at the 8800GT but its slightly faster than my Sapphire Radeon 3870 and over $100 more for what a milisecond.. I'm overclocked anyways to almost 4GHz.. C2duo E8500..
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Why not C2Quad???Big%20smile

Another reason is on a Core 2 you have only 2 processers that have to share the same bus, 4 cores have to share the same bus causing a small traffic jam.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2008 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

No shame in my game.. Not a hard core gamer.. Why didnt i go quad.. what for? Cost alot more.. The other 2 cores are rarely used.. Unless your quad tasking.. Looked at the 8800GT but its slightly faster than my Sapphire Radeon 3870 and over $100 more for what a milisecond.. I'm overclocked anyways to almost 4GHz.. C2duo E8500..

I built 2 systems with the 3870 for friends(one with a C2 duo 8400, the other with a C2 quad 9300). I really like that card. Cost was $234. I bought my BFG 8800GT on sale for $199 three weeks ago.

It's almost time to build a new system for me. I usually build one every Sept or Oct. We'll see what's hot at the timeBig%20smile

Seriously though, I don't game at all. I just like to go fastThumbs%20Up

Edited by cmaster - 19/June/2008 at 11:11pm

The STD Meter
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2008 at 1:32am
Hi Kelly, just a word to the wise. Pricing will be different depending on where you live. You need to call around and ask your competition.  In Texas, for example, you have a lot of Mexican immigrants that push down prices. In Chicago there are lots of Romanians and Polish people, not to mention Mexicans. Those are just some of the viariables that affect prices.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 20/June/2008 at 1:33am
Ken Harris Nov 08:

"This will cause oil to rise to near $100 by the end of November. It stays up there to about the end of February. Better save this so you know who told it to you first."
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 2:45pm
IBM PC XT format.  640k, 2 360k floppy drives, Hercules graphics card, monochrome monitor and all of this running under DOS 3.2 with Windows 1.1 and using a 1200 Baud Hayes compatible modem. And this keyboard is so much better than my IBM Selectric!  I even have my joystick working as a mouse pointer using PoorMansMouse driver.  Kewlest system around and all for only $750, what a steal!! I am even getting a 10MB seagate harddrive with a 65ms speed using the latest MFM format.  How kewl is that?

I just can't wait to upgrade.  Can life really get any better?

I now have Lotus 1-2-3, WordPerfect and Framework.  Man, I can BBS all night long now.  And that 9 pin dotmatrix printer of mine really lets the neighbors know I have arrived.

Did I mention I have Mean 18 Golf?  And my chess and yahtzee games rock on.

Edited by duckcountry - 21/June/2008 at 2:51pm
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 7:24pm
Sweeeeeeeeet. Where can I get a rocket like that?????Big%20smile

The STD Meter
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 8:35pm
I'll see what I can do to get you a new 12 mhz one.  Of course mine in a demo unit custom built to show off the latest hardware.  But I have a third world source who I think has connections. You will be the envy of all your friends.  And the really neat thing is you can meet girls with this.  Some even have clear complexions and are smaller than a hefer!  And you can download pictures of naked girls too.  Sure glad my wife goes to bed early.  Yep, just me and my computer looking at girls without clothes on.  And they think I am super hot.  I help them out with money when I can and they say they are going to come see me as soon as I get enough money for their bus tickets.  Am I LUCKY or WHAT?

Wait til I get you yours, it sure beats watching the Brady Bunch on TV!

And I learn things on the computer that I will need to know for top paying jobs in something I think they call CALL CENTERS making over $100,000/yr by the year 2010.  I am so glad I got my own computer!!

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2008 at 11:11pm
Sheeeeeit, you are one lucky SOB. Girls without clothes????? I can't waitTounge

100,000 a year????? I will soon be making almost as much as KennyBig%20smile

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>